I'm having a clearout - free clothes and shoes on my feed. Yes you can haz my stuffz

Eloise Baily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would really love to be able to pass on some of my clothes I no longer wear.  But, 99% of my stuff is no transfer :(

I wonder if at some point there will be a way to pass on these things that we no longer want.  Perhaps enable a feature where there is a difference between 'transfer' and 'sell'.  Some way to ensure that items that aren't intended for resale can still be given away for free in some manner.

Would surely lighten my inventory load since I don't have the heart to delete these things.

Rival Destiny wrote:

I would really love to be able to pass on some of my clothes I no longer wear.  But, 99% of my stuff is no transfer
:(

I wonder if at some point there will be a way to pass on these things that we no longer want.  Perhaps enable a feature where there is a difference between 'transfer' and 'sell'.  Some way to ensure that items that aren't intended for resale can still be given away for free in some manner.

Would surely lighten my inventory load since I don't have the heart to delete these things.

Never happen. You would need the original creator to agree to this.  No transfer means not only can you not sell it, you can't give it away either.

Never say never.  SL is always evolving & where there's a will there's a way.

I am well aware of how permissions work, creator's intention's, all the rules and regs - am a creator myself.  And, I would have no problem giving permissions on my no transfer things to be given away but not for profit. 

But, I would love to see permissions system evolve in such a manner that certain things be possible.

And I think one day it will be so :)

Am forever the optimist.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Rival Destiny wrote:

I would really love to be able to pass on some of my clothes I no longer wear.  But, 99% of my stuff is no transfer

Never happen. You would need the original creator to agree to this.  No transfer means not only can you not sell it, you can't give it away either.

very true...even the creator could  not come back and change permissions on their item..because as soon as it goes into someone else's possesion the permisions kick in..they could not give it back to the creator to get permissions changed..

Yes of course ... but I'm thinking of an sl where the original creator has more permission options.  They can sell their stuff to customers who in turn are able to give it away but not re-sell it.

Is quite possible to do this....and hopefully some day, as a creator, we will be able to.

Rival Destiny wrote:

Yes of course ... but I'm thinking of an sl where the original creator has more permission options.  They can sell their stuff to customers who in turn are able to give it away but not re-sell it.

Is quite possible to do this....and hopefully some day, as a creator, we will be able to.

that would be  by getting rid of the no trans option on permissions..

really if we buy anything and it can be given away..we should also be able to resell it to try to get something back..if we choose to..this is not meaning full perm things.

the consumer should always have the right to resell a no copy trans item..

but it would be nice if a creator could change an items permission in like a trade window or something like they have in some games..like wow where you can do enchants to soulbound items..

there would be a whole mess of thought that would have to go into that thing though..because  if someone made copies and then got ahold of a creator to change permissions..they could still be keeping a copy for themselves as well as giving away one that was just changed..

bleh i'm already getting that confused feeling just thinking about it lol

Rival Destiny wrote:

Content creators are way too greedy to ever approve of this. They don't want you to be able to give your stuff away - stuff you may have paid for. They only want ppl to have to buy copies from them. It's as if animal breeders only sold neutered animals. It's the sickness of greed based capitalism run rampant in a virtual game.

Jeanne

Having these permissions would make no difference on a creator being hacked now or then.

If a creatoir is hacked now, permissions can easily be changed on all their stuff.

I have to respectfully disagree with this.  Myself and quite a few creator friends would love to have permissions such as these.   And more!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.