TOS and the vulnerable adult players

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation, slander, and libel.

Maybe in a Court of Law.

But in the Court of Public Opinion reality teaches us otherwise.

Except if something is true, it is not defamaation, slander, or libel. But truth.

Saying something which is true is defamation, slander, or libel... is like saying a book ate your dog. Its nonsense use of words..

"lame" is often used as slang for 'pathetic'. So if I said; after his sports injury, Bob was pathetic, and so needed a wheelchair... - I'm using the wrong words.

You simply cannot use the words "defamation, slandar, or libel" for something which is truthful. This is why it is a defense in court.

It like suing someone in court, on the grounds that they murdered you. Well, unless you're a vampire, and they made you one - that just won't be true (barring something really weird like a slow poison - but then haven't murdered you, they are murdering you).

If you call a person who's parents were not married at the time of birth a **bleep** - you have no slandered, libeled, or defamed them. You've insulted them.

People are hanving a language failure and getting insult confused with 'lied about'.

Yea, Pro-pedo. Really you should be a little more careful than to throw around those kind of insinuations.

Bottom line is, you cannot prove any person is a sex offender, even if they say they are. It's not up to you, or the OP or anyone to decide what is the truth and what is not when it comes to people's personal information.

Just like you can go around saying I'm pro-pedo, anyone can go around saying some IS a pedo. That is wrong, no matter how you try to defend it.

Rosemaery Lorefield wrote:

Yea, Pro-pedo. Really you should be a little more careful than to throw around those kind of insinuations.

Bottom line is, you cannot prove any person is a sex offender, even if they say they are. It's not up to you, or the OP or anyone to decide what is the truth and what is not when it comes to people's personal information.

Just like you can go around saying I'm pro-pedo, anyone can go around saying some IS a pedo. That is wrong, no matter how you try to defend it.

I didn't say that. I said that's how it's sounding *to me* whether you meant it that way or not. That was about my reaction to what you said, much more than what you wrote. (If  you're not aware that many who ARE pro pedo and against sex offender registries use that exact same example/argument, perhaps you should be made aware of it sooner than later, because that's how it's going to sound.) Did I say you are pro ped? NO.

Nicely avoided, by the way. What is YOUR personal stance on the topic?

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation, slander, and libel.

Maybe in a Court of Law.

But in the Court of Public Opinion reality teaches us otherwise.

Except if something is true, it is not defamaation, slander, or libel. But truth.

Saying something which is true is defamation, slander, or libel... is like saying a book ate your dog. Its nonsense use of words..

"lame" is often used as slang for 'pathetic'. So if I said; after his sports injury, Bob was pathetic, and so needed a wheelchair... - I'm using the wrong words.

You simply cannot use the words "defamation, slandar, or libel" for something which is truthful. This is why it is a defense in court.

It like suing someone in court, on the grounds that they murdered you. Well, unless you're a vampire, and they made you one - that just won't be true (barring something really weird like a slow poison - but then haven't murdered you, they are murdering you).

If you call a person who's parents were not married at the time of birth a **bleep** - you have no slandered, libeled, or defamed them. You've insulted them.

People are hanving a language failure and getting insult confused with 'lied about'.

I understand the nuances.

It's what happens in to people in practical reality that I was referring to,  peoples who's lives have been ruined by false accusations and the uphill battles that they have had to clear their names.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.