How do you wear an avatar?

Capn Krokus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just found an avatar in the shop that I liked, so I got it. Now, it doesn't exist anywhere.

It says in the email that its in the objects folder, I go into the objects folder and it puts a huge cube on my hand instead of chaning my avatars shape. Whats going on here?

This means that the item you purchased is boxed.  Rez the item -- drag it from inventory to the floor - then touch it or right click and 'open' it, then copy the contents to your inventory.  Then you can 'wear' the items from the folder that is created.

Capn Krokus wrote:

I just found an avatar in the shop that I liked, so I got it. Now, it doesn't exist anywhere.

It says in the email that its in the objects folder, I go into the objects folder and it puts a huge cube on my hand instead of chaning my avatars shape. Whats going on here?

LittleMe is correct.  Here's a link that might help... Opening boxes

...Dres

Its like in real life. An IKEA Bed doesn't come finished to your home, it comes in a box. An avatar is like on of these beds. It contains several different pieces (not just the shape) and for a comfortable transport it comes in a box.

The others already told you how to open a box. Just wear one after another all parts in the box and you will look like the avatar on the product picture, or combine just a few parts of it with your old avatar.... :)

One trick I learnt - which saves trying to find land to rez your object on.

Wear it - then when you see the object on your avatar (a box or bag or sometimes a huge Bill Board) Right click on it and select edit.

In the edit popup dialog you have a contents tab which lists the contents of your object inside a folder called contents

I then drag the contents folder to an empty folder in my inventory

It will copy/move all the contents of the object to that directory - which you can rename to whatever you want

Now you can wear/use the items that your object contained at will

Not found a downside to this technique yet and not found anywhere I cannot do it

Julius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.