https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4587

Vick Forcella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It appears this Jira will never get resolved.

The Marketplace looks like a complete mess when sorting, cheap as we are, on price low to high. After this sort we move away from the marketplace to do our shopping in a different way.

It would be nice if LL would drop a statement somewhere unhidden etc. Like in the Jira itself.

We are supposer to remove our Magic boxes to move to Direct Delivery but with no sales, why would I?

Vick Forcella wrote:

We are supposer to remove our Magic boxes to move to Direct Delivery but with no sales, why would I?

Agreed.

I'm still somehow pulling good sales out of marketplace. Amazed how much shoppers I had yesterday
(thanks guys!)
 :catvery-happy:

Yet it has been erratic lately since data corruption began, and I don't expect it to last much longer before marketplace is abandoned. Scrambled listings must be extremely customer repellant, shoppers will just bleed off slowly. Hopefully they will rediscover inworld, and not just cease trusting SL commerce all together.

Anyways, looking ahead yes I see no motivation to pour many unpaid hours of labor down into this blackhole timesuck.

WADE1 Jya wrote:
Yet it has been erratic lately since data corruption began

What I am totally confused about is LL call to update listings. It is quite clear it's a mismatch of databases and a static environment is more stable. With the updates merchants make it appears unaffected stores get dragged into this hole. Given enough time all stores will look like junk one day soon.

What I also don't understand is the apparent lack of priority given to this issue. It seems to drag on forever with new reports poring in like floods.

That LL doesn't speak is something I understand but this issue is getting out of hand branding The Marketplace as unreliable, a mess, unmanaged, unmanned and not maintained by a reliable company.

That is affecting all merchants that rely on a functioning system.

FWIW I'd rather have it off-line during a week or two of maintenance as this. In the long run this dragging on hurts more.

CTL or Linden Lab?

It looks like it has been a while now since CTL has said anything at all.

In fact, it seems like she basically falls silent right around the time that Linden Lab starts taking over the updates.

I guess that could somewhat explain the order speed-up and the extended box cutoff date. 

Flea Yatsenko wrote:

CTL says they know what's wrong and they're working on a fix. I have no idea how they're going to fix corrupted data unless they have backups.

But they don't say what is wrong.  If they just stated something like "we have identified a discombobulation in the flux capacitor" we would all have more confidence than "We know what it is but it's a secret."

It's still a different tone than I'm used to from LL.

Something is going differently this time.

One possible explanation is that they think the explanation will be too technical to assure that it is properly communicated.

Another possibility is that they found out that someone had intentionally messed with something, but they can't just say that (I probably wouldn't). 

Interesting and positive.

It's possible there is a security hole but it doesn't look like it. It appears being an ancient mismatch of databases with a leak, that leak would normally be hand-purged but with the increase of users that purging went out of control.

The sky isn't falling, it's just very dark, but I see a hint of clear sky ahead.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Flea Yatsenko wrote:

CTL says they know what's wrong and they're working on a fix. I have no idea how they're going to fix corrupted data unless they have backups.

But they don't say what is wrong.  If they just stated something like "we have identified a discombobulation in the flux capacitor" we would all have more confidence than "We know what it is but it's a secret."

*Wipes Pepsi off monitor*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.