Tips on a griefer who uses Marketplace reviews to grief.

BackWoods Texan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My first encounter with a griefer (I can't name on here) i was at my store at my old sim. He put a giant prim in front of i-Reckon store. I returned the object, banned and muted him. He then proceeds to buy all my products and over a dozen of my husbands products in Marketplace and continues to write the same abusive reviews after I've continued to flag them and have them removed. The comments he continues to post are defamatory and have nothing to do with the products that he's reviewing. He claims that he will stop using his automatic forum poster software if we pay him enough lindens to stop. I've Abuse Reported him again and again.  Is there anything else that I can do? Any tips?  I've had them taken down over a dozen times but it comes back up so fast. Should I just leave it up with out flagging anymore?  I can see where this would really take its toll on the creative spirit but I'm not letting it.  Any help would be much appreciated.

BackWoods Texan wrote:

He claims that he will stop using his automatic forum poster software if we pay him enough lindens to stop.

In other words he is blackmailing you.  Blackmail is against the law.  The police catch law-breakers.  Or you can hire a lawyer to do it. Jail the scum.

I have to wonder how seriously my local police department would take a complaint alleging that somebody in an online game (I know... it's not a game... let's not start that debate here) was trying to blackmail me out of my fictional currency. :smileyfrustrated:

The good news is law enforcement are taking these kind of incidents more & more seriously everyday, as is government, as they recognize 'informational space' is part of the world we all share, it is just realistically part of the landscape of 21st century lifestyle.

The days of wild west atmosphere in cyberspace are ending.

If you end up talking to jokers, just ask to speak with their superiors... or take it to a higher level of jurisdiction. This is how I deal with things when things need done :catwink:

I saw a few of those reviews cached on a Google search and was very happy for you to see them taken down when I checked your listings. If its any consolation to me they did look like someone with a grudge (to put it mildly) and yes the flagging response team did a good  job. And yes blackmail is just that

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

I have to wonder how seriously my local police department would take a complaint alleging that somebody in an online game (I know... it's not a game... let's not start that debate here) was trying to blackmail me out of my fictional currency. :smileyfrustrated:

While I take your point, blackmail is blackmail.  Don't forget that it wasn't long ago that things like stalking weren't taken seriously.  These days most people know that anyone acting-out such obsessive/violent/criminal behaviour is only likely to escalate unless stopped.  This sick puppy needs medicine*, I'm just hoping it's wrapped in steel bars.

[*That's IF this is as reported, of course.  We've only heard part of one side of the story here.]

first off... show LL where he is trying to blackmail you... then explain to LL that since they now know he is attempting to blackmail you, they have a choice to make....  ban the guy by any and all means possible.... and if they do not... then they are about to named as an accomplice in the report you file to the police....  and also inform them that you will seek civil action against them for the mental anguish and any and all monetary damages that may have been incurred now and until they ban him by order of the court... and just to make it seem real.. which it could easily be... have a lawyer write the letter... might cost a few bucks... but i bet LL will listen to you from now on..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.