Lonely..

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Ricky, SL can be lonely at first thats for sure. Find something that interests you, then seek out some places where people with the same interest get together. If you like music then find a couple of clubs that play the music you like and pop in regularly, sooner or later people will get to recognise the name and talk to you. If you want to build join some places like Happy Hippo or Builders Brewery where you can meet others and you can learn at the same time. Good Luck and hope SL becomes a little less lonely for you.

Hey Ricky,

how are you? :P

well to meet people is allaways good to visit locations that are just to chill and hang out, like beaches, or clubs, or places with much traffic that people only stands and chat lol

make good friends take time but is worth.

you can im me in-world^.^

SL can certainly get that way.  Builders Brewery is a GREAT suggestion.  If you are newer to game, then New Citizens is not bad either.  Take one simple class, you will find it really enjoyable and it gives you nice interaction.

Think about the reasons you came in world, the things you enjoy and decide if you fall in to the two categories of players I run into:

My avatar is me, I am the same RL or

My avatar is my character, I am not the same but I am playing out this fantasy (I.E I am a pirate or in the wild west)

Each type will take you different places, and you will make a different set of friends.  I have found it easier to make great friends roleplaying in a world that is a complete historical based fantasy.  Some of this can drive you into a whole host of incredibly interesting research and even influence your vacation plans :D

Good luck.

Hiya Emmett, I am not great at building either, its an ongoing learning process, the fun is trying for me, took me a month of googles to find out how they make those mirror reflection ballroom dance floors lol but got it in the end :) I would also say when you find some clubs you like to original OP as was mentioned keep an eye on local chat , always say hello when you go in, sometimes just joining in on local chat can get people talking to you.

Have you been to Lar's Bar yet?  How about the Shelter and some of the "Help" locations?  How about the many classes offered in SL?  How about Cypris Chat Village where people practice their English?  How about a Guitar Zane concert?  MST3K?  Have you joined any chatty groups like "Sapiosexuality"?  Have you joined any groups that match your interests?  Have you visted the Feeds yet?  (https://my.secondlife.com)  Have you checked out the third-party forums?  (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Discussion_forums#Third-party_forums)  Do you read the SL-related news blogs?  Have you filled in your profile with your interests so people have a place from which to start a conversation with you?  

ETA:  http://leeherevw.blogspot.com/2011/02/where-people-are-in-second-life.html

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.