Vampire and gothic fashion

LuciaRiley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You shouldn't worry about what other people think.  Dress as you please.  It is your SL not theirs. As far as my personal feeling about goth, I have some clothes that are goth that i mix in with other things on some occasion for a darker or more edgy look and i occasionally dress in goth when i go to a goth sim.  I believe in not spoiling people's role play by showing up in dress that is not in theme.  Its also fun too for me as then i get to wear a lot of great stuff I normally wouldn't.

Some may hate vampires because they just do, but I think a lot of the reason SL people give you a hard time is due to a certain hugely popular Vamp role play game that involves biting everyone you can.  The people that play it aren't always the most considerate and hang out in non vamp areas bugging people to let them bite them and when you say no, get annoyed or won't take no for an answer.  Its made a lot of people not into the vamp scene have have a very negative opinion of thosethat are,or even dress that way.  It happens so much that some places ban people from biting anyone, or even asking about it, while others ban vamps in general because they don't want their guests annoyed.

A good rule of thumb is to be considerate of everyone and not to roleplay outside of roleplay areas or on property that are into it themselves.  When out in the general public just treat others the same as you want to be treated and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Have a look at Avid's store. A large and wonderful collection of gothic clothing including many very sexy gothic outfits, Also available on Marketplace but I recommend inworld shopping. Expensive but beautifully made outfits with loads of options and worth every cent. 

The owner also has a website. I think you'll like the opening image when you click the website link!  http://avid-insl.com/

Then click the name and on next page, click Launch Magazine to give you a good flavour of her gothic outfits.

• Like 2

Darker fashion abounds in SL. Just join some of the Goth groups that are around. 

The Thrifty Goth, The Eldergoth Macabre, Dead Dolls of SL.  (Sorry not in SL atm to give links)

My avatar is a Demon and I adore darker fashions, but I stay away from the stereo type vampire stuff.  There are LOADS of shops ranging from cybergoth to dollygoth, to classicgoth, punkgoth, and the list goes on.  Each of the groups I listed have lists of their sponser stores that would be a great place to try. 

Hum, I have a very specific gothic style I like that, unfortunately, I have a hard time finding (thinking of trying to open my shop because of that).

It's a combination of gothic, victorian and lolita.

Basically, a style that would convei a sence of innocence in a vampire world; very romanticised and based on victorian fashion, mature enought not to be girly like lolita style (knee-hight socks, flarry, frily short skirts, etc.) but not too adult that would look more like a cabaret outfit (lots of tied corsets, lce or see-though skirts, etc).

As for details: ornate bodices (from victorian), silk bows and headresses (from lolita) and black lace and ornate crosses (from gothic). And lots of red roses. ;)

What do you think?

By the way, if anyone knows of any stores I should have a look at, please tell me! ^.^

Avid is more of the typical Gothic, though I did see a few dresses that had interesting details. Nominee is much more my style; I checked his blogue and fell in love with the Catherine design. It's exactly what I was looking for. The only problem would be the skirt length, but if the outfit would be modifyable, I could easily fix that. ;)

Still, I won't have the money to buy that design for a long time, but it's good to dream! xD

Ok, here come the pics: I made a dress! PReatty much in the style I want, though it's still nooot completely perfect... I think some gloves are defenitely in order...

Still, take a look and tell me what you think of the fashion choice:

Snapshot1_003.jpgSnapshot1_004.jpgSnapshot1_002.jpg

Snapshot1_001.jpg

I know, I know, it still needs a lot of work; I was told my shading was absolutely horrible, but I'm still preatty much a begginer at Photoshop. T_T

Still, this is more or less what I'm looking for: vampire gowns with lots of romantism and a touch of victorian fashion. ;)

Uuummm...you can mix and match fashion pieces in SL just as you can RL. You might look at...I am not on right now so may get this wrong...Cute Kitty...they have some nice stuff that might fit your Vic/Lolita side.

Do a keyword search in the Market Place for the various genres you are looking for.  Look for items that you think might work well together and wear them.  You will have your own unique fashion style in no time.

Sorry, I kept looking at the tittle and had to go back to the first post to remeber: you were looking for BDSM gothic.

Didn't want to ruin your thread. I'll leave now. Hope you find what you're looking for, though.

Spinell wrote:

Sorry, I kept looking at the tittle and had to go back to the first post to remeber: you were looking for BDSM gothic.

Didn't want to ruin your thread. I'll leave now. Hope you find what you're looking for, though.

Not really anymore. The BDSM done on SL isn't something that interests me anymore. This was whenever I was a few days in SL Go ahead and keep posting more pics

To each their own. Why not. But any time a trend gets too 'big' there is teh risk of looking like everyone else. Not everyone does a theme equally well. With something like Neko or vampire which a lot of other people are doing, the challenge might be to try to look that much higher quality or unique than the rest.

What I don't like much is a goth theme in a mall. That is just because the black and red textures are often poorly repeated (huge grain) and old or cheap looking. Just being black and red does not make something goth or interesting. It's just black and red. And cliche.

Not everyone has teh same amount of talent for decorating or building or texturing, or money for fabulous textures. But I'd personally rather do something simple than garish if that is the case.

It might be considered old school by some but she updates with new things pretty often I think. Visit Bare Rose. She makes a lot of Goth/Lolita stuff.

I ignored the BDSM part of your question by the way because I don't know what that has to do with fashion, so I wasn't sure what you meant. I assume something black and shiny. Not my style.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.