Nearly all of my items are now unavailable

MariposaRoja

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am endlessly amused that someone using the word "Lolita" in a listing can get shunted into the "moderate" category and yet I go to the front page of the marketplace and see a Featured Item naked avatar standing there in all her giant-breasted glory. What are we doing here?

My theory about the marketplace is that LL bought it rather than sort out the completely borked in-world search. I usually use the marketplace to get directions for in-world shopping. Which leaves me with the stated problems with marketplace's search and the fact that many of the in-world shops I try to visit either no longer exist or can't be found.

Don't get me wrong:  a year or so ago a beta project to improve in-world search came along, and it greatly improved the performance of the viewer on my computer. It didn't improve search much, but at least I could find my shops when searching by the shops' names.

We have all been greatly amused by the 'secret words' that cause our listings to get kicked out of General Catagory ; even more amused that the list of words is secret and when we tried to make a list; out posts got kicked... I love it even more that many items intended for Child / Kid Avatars can almost never contain the words Child or Kid in the name (pisses me off) My 'Child's Picture Frame' had to be renamed to 'Fun Picture Frame' to keep it in General. Also love that a 2 word phrase in English is too close to a 2 word phrase in Latin (an UnSpoken Language) that is kicking a listing out of General...

Sooo; a bunch of your stuff got unlisted; have you tried to Activate one? Did it work ? did you try to migrate stuff to DD and the unlisted items are the items still in your Magic Box and are now 'Unassociated' ...?

For several year when you typed in titler, my Naughty and Nice Titler was the first thing that came up.  I sold a ton of these things.  Then one day my customers started telling me they couldnt buy it.  Then it disapeared all together.  Now all my stuff has been deleted and no one can buy any of my things and none of it shows up in search.  I did have a nice little income but LL took that all away from me.  Thanks LL, you guys suck.

MariposaRoja wrote:

I went to update some listings i my store and nearly all of my items are now listed as unavailable.  My magic box has the items in it.. why is this happening?  And most importantly, how can I fix it?

Hi Mariposa :)  Is your situation like mine when I posted about Unassociated Listings?  Or are they showing as unavailable in your edit/listings?  I was concerned about the same thing but in my case I was looking at the wrong area - I hope that is the same with yours.  Here is the link to my post and the answers:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Unassociated-Listings/td-p/1490231

>We have all been greatly amused by the 'secret words' that cause our listings to get kicked out of General Catagory ; even more amused that the list of words is secret and when we tried to make a list; out posts got kicked...

More conspiracy talk?

You people are paranoid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.