Accused of Hacking

Aremat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Aremat wrote:

A few minutes ago I was tabbed out looking at clothes on the marketplace, and when I tabbed back in one of my friends told me that someone else said I was a hacker, and that I was trying to send stuff to near by people.

Are you in the GreenZone group ?  A vendor of 'security products' has added the entire membership of that group to his blacklist, and is selling devices and huds which detect anyone on that list and report them to the device/hud owner as a greifer and/or hacker.

Arkady Arkright wrote:

Aremat wrote:

A few minutes ago I was tabbed out looking at clothes on the marketplace, and when I tabbed back in one of my friends told me that someone else said I was a hacker, and that I was trying to send stuff to near by people.

Are you in the GreenZone group ?  A vendor of 'security products' has added the entire membership of that group to his blacklist, and is selling devices and huds which detect anyone on that list and report them to the device/hud owner as a greifer and/or hacker.

No, I'm not in any groups.  (new avi name)

<<I think chasing people away and accusing them if they stand around for a moment too long is a good way for a store to loose customers>>

Exactly! People wander off or look at something else on screen. I try to make sure I go home at least before I leave the computer for too long, but not always. I would never buy from someone who acused me of copy botting.

Rosemaery Lorefield wrote:

<<
I think chasing people away and accusing them if they stand around for a moment too long is a good way for a store to loose customers>>

Exactly! People wander off or look at something else on screen. I try to make sure I go home at least before I leave the computer for too long, but not always. I would never buy from someone who acused me of copy botting.

the funny thing is that I was home (I dont have a house), but I set that place to my home.  It wasn't a store anyways, I was in the club there, but yea I wouldnt buy something from someone that accused me of something I didn't do anyways. 

Wow - ridiculous. To me that sounds like griefing in itself - isn't it? Spreading false tales about people just because they are in a given group that is harmless in nature? 

That, or paranoid, of the type that begot that 'other' product with Zone in its name to start with.

Melita Magic wrote:

Wow - ridiculous. To me that sounds like griefing in itself - isn't it? Spreading false tales about people just because they are in a given group that is harmless in nature? 

That, or paranoid, of the type that begot that 'other' product with Zone in its name to start with.

there is a good thread going on about it over at SLU right now if you want to read up on it..

i won't mention the product or name of the individual..but here is the title with those parts edited out..that is if you wanted to read more about it..:smileywink:

****** ****** maker of ****** decides to threaten people

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.