buying mainland land

Esther Lowbeam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

In addition to the other tips, one of the best (and my favorite) way to find mainland is to simply look at the map. 512s are easy to pick out as they are the smallest rectangle on the map (aside from odd sized pieces which are rare). So for example, let's say you are looking for land near a coastline, Simply scan around the coastline of a mainland continent.

Many of the the yellow spots will have dollar signs on them so you can click on those and see the price without teleporting to that locale. If one looks good on the map (no giant clubs or malls nearby - not too much land for sale in that sim for example) then teleport to the land and see how it looks in real life. If it is a possibility then make a LANDMARK changing the name of the landmark to reflect what you liked about it (water view 512L etc.). 

In a few hours you should have some land that will work for you AND you will have a much better idea of available land and prices. Note that currently land is "almost free". Meaning that there is a TON of abandoned land that Linden Labs is selling at $1L per square meter ($512 for a $512). There is plenty of land for sale for LESS than that, so unless you want something extraordinary special (protected ocean view on two sides) there is no reason to pay more than that.

I have lived MANY places in SL and am know as someone with great "land karma". Actually I just do my research and have fun in the process.

I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

Oh, while it is not stable, you might want to check the framerate of the parcels you are looking at -- Ctrl + Shift +1 to make sure they are running well enough. This changes of course but if you check and it is at 6 or something, that is NOT a good sign :D.

Cheers.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.