Invisible right arm?

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for an alpha layer or something that makes my right arm invisible.

I'm trying to wear some automail but my hand shows through in a few spots where it shouldn't.

The MP isn't being much help unless I'm just not using the right search terms.

Even just invisible right hand would work.

Not possible with alpha layers. Alpha layers are clothing-type layers. The avatar mesh is only one-sided - it has one arm, and one leg, and those are mirrored to create the full avatar. This is why you don't see one-sleeved system dresses or tops in SL, or one-arm tattoos, or tattoos that are different on each arm. Anything that is applied to one arm is also applied to the other, so BOTH of your arms would be invisible. You can, however, find or create an invisiprim. It's a bit clunkier, but will work.

ETA: Well, will work unless you have lighting and shadows, as was just pointed out. So it'll only KIND OF work. Can you resize bits of the armor to cover your hand? You can also change your hand size,  but of course this will affect both hands; or use an alpha to cover both hands and find a prim hand for your visible hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but clothing layers, including alpha masks, are left-right symetrical .  You can't make a shirt with one sleeve longer than the other, or one sleeve one colour and the other another colour.    The same is true of alpha masks -- if it hides one arm it's inevitably going to hide the other one.

• 2 years later...

I dont believe the whole "one arm, one leg" thing.

My reason for this, is because my AV is proof that you can use an alpha to only have one leg disappear. so the same must be true of the arms.  I dont know how or where you could aquire this, but i would also love to know.  So someone out there figgured out how to make only one leg be gone, now we just need someone else to make it so only one arm is gone.

Here is the whole body template that is used to make skins, cloths tats etc.  You are right , it does have two legs as you can see, but only one arm.  The arm you see here is for the front and back.  When the texture is applied to the body the same texture is applied to both arms.  The only way to have something different on each arm is to use mesh to create it.

whole body template.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.