Under the "Strange Happenings" Category

Czari Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...or maybe it's not so strange given the current massive borkage on the MP...

When DD went live and continuing through the time that the borked listings were discovered, I was still selling the average number of products per day/week on the MP as usual.  For the last week, however, I have sold nothing on the MP.  I've seen other merchants post the same situation.

This could be due to the word getting out that the MP is having major issues or customers who have been burned with the mixup and not currently using the MP, but due to the vast number of SL residents who don't read the forums and are generally clueless to LL "happenings," it's hard to believe that no one is purchasing on the MP.  It could be just my store going through a dry spell.

Just find this odd so posting to see if others are experiencing a total lack of sales in the past week or so.

It is possible but I am still getting a fair amount of sales. It's interesting because I've been on this whole in world marketing kick and was happy with myself that my inworld sales have surpassed my MP sales so quickly but only time will tell if that's really the case because like you said it could just be due to the issues with the MP. We shall see!

Thanks everyone :)  I don't have that many listings atm.  Most of my listings are seasonal so it's highly possible I'm having a dry spell.  Now if I was going to subscribe to a conspiracy theory, I could think maybe because I've been so vocal in my irritation with how the Scouts handled my tickets, etc. but...I doubt it. ;)

I've been debating on making some of the more "general" ones active again, but I'm afraid to touch ANYTHING with my listings atm; don't want to make the situation worse.

I plan to do a lot more with my in-world store very soon as well.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

While I can't speak for any1 else, but my sales have been somewhat normal on the MP.

I have migrated completely to direct delivery (did so on the 21st), and aside from a few days on and after that date where I had no sales at ALL, my sales have gone back to normal as well.  No delivery failures, no missed payouts, no "borked" listings. 

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

I have migrated completely to direct delivery (did so on the 21st), and aside from a few days on and after that date where I had no sales at ALL, my sales have gone back to normal as well.  No delivery failures, no missed payouts, no "borked" listings. 

Knocked on wood for ya... :matte-motes-silly:

I don't think it's the reason you've identified because my experience is the opposite.  My sales stopped dead in the water around when DD came out, which is understandable given the slow down of the marketplace, but while still slow, in the last week or so (seemingly around the time you identify your sales stopped dead in the water) mine have improved.

I notice that I've had "boosted" sales volume a couple of times when other "bigger sellers" have complained about sudden drop offs in sales volume, and I usually have low sales volume, so I wonder if it is more about search (as I see Medhue is suggesting).  This would explain why usually good volume sellers are complaining when my sales go up since if the search borks placement for products that should be fairly high up in placement, then naturally someone's products are being promoted above where they actually belong in search results, for instance smaller sellers with low sales volume like myself.

Anaiya Arnold wrote:

I notice that I've had "boosted" sales volume a couple of times when other "bigger sellers" have complained about sudden drop offs in sales volume, and I usually have low sales volume, so
I wonder if it is more about search
(as I see Medhue is suggesting).  This would explain why usually good volume sellers are complaining when my sales go up since if the search borks placement for products that should be fairly high up in placement, then naturally someone's products are being promoted above where they actually belong in search results, for instance smaller sellers with low sales volume like myself.

(Emphasis mine)  Probably right on there, Anaiya and Medhue.  :)  I didn't even factor in search.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.