Textures not rezzing

swaffette Firefly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This last week ive had more complaints about textures not rezzing on my sim than i have in 7 years - Every day I have ims left by people who say they cannot shop on my sim and have left - theyve waited 20 minutes or more and each vendor is still grey :(  The mainland store seems unaffected - so it seems to be just my sim - anyone else experiencing this? ive restarted the sim but its still a problem.  - I dont seem to have too much of a problem myself although textures are slower to rez than normal

Restarting the sim frequently is a good idea.  I restart my busy sims every day or so.  

Also, if a person sees grey textures, it may help to change the group they have active -- this works well on grey people.  

See if you can cut down on the number of textures a person would see at one time.  

I have not seen a problem litke this on my 3 sims or elsewhere.

TKR

Yep it has been really bad the last 2 weeks in fact.

I would say there is 3 times the amount of problems users rezzing clothing than before. The amount of users showing up completely naked has increased drasticly

and restartys are uselss. they can show up unrezzed immediately after a restart

Object textures rez fine on my region. Lately its the users textures not rezzing

In the past couple of weeks I've also noticed my own sim being more laggy in general than I normally expect.

But specifically addressing your concern about textures not rezzing, I had this very problem myself last week, and after investigation, found that my Phoenix Viewer (1.5.2.1185) had suddenly turned off "HTTP Get Textures" on it's own.   (Advanced/Rendering/HTTP Get Textures)

A friend confirmed the same thing had happened to her, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on.   However, enabling "HTTP Get Textures" again and relogging, completely cleared the issue for both of us.  

Might be something you want to think of asking your customers to check when they complain. 

swaffette Firefly wrote:

This last week ive had more complaints about textures not rezzing on my sim than i have in 7 years ...

We have the same Problem (on an Estate Sim), and i had myself, as user of the Phoenix-Viewer.

Switching to the Firestorm-Viewer instantly solved 99% of the problem, so i guess all those Server updates LL made older, V1-Based viewers more obsolete? Well, seems it was a setting in v1-viewers mysteriously switched off.

Edited in Reply to Dana

Dana Dielli wrote:

But specifically addressing your concern about textures not rezzing, I had this very problem myself last week, and after investigation, found that my Phoenix Viewer (1.5.2.1185) had suddenly turned off "HTTP Get Textures" on it's own.   (Advanced/Rendering/HTTP Get Textures)

This is interesting because I've had the opposite problem. I've turned off HTTP textures in Firestorm, and found them turned back on again when I logged in the next time. I was told that this might be because having them on is the default and my viewer might revert to default after a crash or a forced logout after the program stopped responding. Dunno ...

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.