Honored Resident
Dimentox Travanti

Where do you cash out your lindens?

Kinda curious as Apez fell down and went boom, xstreetsxl closed down..

Where do you cash out your lindens?

Is it instant?

Re: Where do you cash out your lindens?

Reply to Dimentox Travanti - view message

I use the Lindex. But in case you can't or won't, this is a list of trustworthy third party exchanges:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_Marketplace

Renegade Gray
Topics: 0

[ Edited ]

VirWox's rate is better than Apez and it's instant

BTW Apez is not completely gone, its being revived by someone else. Hopefully before I start getting gray hair :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

VAW Service - Automatic group invite service here
Honored Resident
CrashOV Uladstron

Virwox. Moved there when xstreet was about to close and like it better than Lindex because I can cash out Euros.

I do a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Co-own E!Eclectic Apparel,Laroo shoes ....
Ai Velde

Virwox because it's instant.

Ziggy21 Slade

[ Edited ]

Reply to Ai Velde - view message

Ai Velde wrote:

Ditto

Plus I just could not bring myself to reward LL with extra conversion commissions, when they 'improved' their service to us by increasing the cash out time from instant to 5 days,  its so astoundingly pitiful, it's almost unbelievable.   

Phil Deakins
Topics: 98

Reply to Ziggy21 Slade - view message

I use the Lindex - time doesn't matter to me.

Ziggy21 Slade wrote:

Ai Velde wrote:

Ditto

Plus I just could not bring myself to reward LL with extra conversion commissions, when they 'improved' their service to us by increasing the cash out time from instant to 5 days,  its so astoundingly pitiful, it's almost unbelievable.   

I bolded the bit that I'm responding to. It *is* believable because it seems to me that LL doesn't want to operate a cashout system at all, or they want to hang onto as much US$ as they can for as long as they can. Increasing the time from instant to 5 days isn't the first indication. Some time ago, they stopped sending cheques and they will only pay a minimum of US$10,000 into a bank account. The auto-creating and sending of cheques (minimum US$1000 or US$5000 if my memory is correct - I've forgotten) doesn't take many minutes once a week so there is no reason not to have continued doing it, but they stopped, claiming that the time it took was the problem. Every other company that sends cheques to users manage it just fine, and their minimum is usually a mere US$100. So, imo, LL didn't tell us the truth about why they stopped doing it, and for increasing the minimum for bank transfers to US$10,000.

Changing from instant to a 5 day delay may well be for the same sort of reason and, to me, it's not "unbelievable".

and better change to dollars?

Tiffy Vella

I just convert from $L to $US on the LL site, pay a fee, then send $US to paypal, and pay a fee. Then they get turned into a smaller amount of $AU when they finally get into my bank account. I probably also pay a fee then, too.

Visit Eclectica-Jewellery and Accoutrements Inworld or my blog or the Marketplace
Resident
Ral512 Luik

I use Moneyserverz, when you sell first time to them it takes about 48 hours to recive your money on PayPal. After the first sell they send you money instanty. and they have a SSL-Cerificate. https://www.moneyserverz.com