Script to turn off other scripts in parcel

walterwhiteSr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,  My porperty has some flying birds with sounds, and running water, with sounds, some other animations running.  I am about to have a party and expect 10-30 Avatars, and know the lag will increase significantly..  I am wondering if there is a script I can insert into each of the scripted items running on my parcel and I can use a hud or menu to select what I want to turn off.  I understand there may be a distance issue,  so I could divide the menu into quadrants then physically fly to each and turn off selected scripts.

Also, is there a decent lag meter that can measure for a parcel how lag is on that parcel or as a ratio compared to the sim?

You can stop scripts from running without a script.  Go to the object you wish to turn off then to Build>Scripts>Set Scripts to Not Running.  After the party just do the same except Set Scripts to Running.  This may not work on no mod objects, but neither would another script.  Those you may have to take into your inventory temporarily.

- You can block other avatars scripts by a parcel setting.
- Works from ground to about 70m over ground.
- Does not work if scripts are used that are designed to ignore that parcel setting. :)
- Scripts will not affect your lag anyways no matter if they run or not. So if you think that will prevent lag: nope it doesn't!
- You can not switch on/off other scripts by scripts - only in your own objects a script could switch on/off other scripts in the same prim.

Nova is quite right.  Your scripted objects cannot cause lag in your sim, except in one restricted sense.  The servers prioritize the way they use "free time", and they always give scripts the lowest priority.  That means that when a sim starts to lag because the servers have no more free time to use, the things that stop working first are the scripts.  That is, the sim lags scripts, not the other way around.  Also, under those circumstances, scripts will lag each other -- but again not other things in the sim.

You can always get a detailed picture of your sim's performance by opening your Statistics Bar (Shift + CTRL + 1).  There's a lot of information there, but the stuff you're interested in is about halfway down in the block containing server statistics.  You can easily see how much time the servers are devoting to avatars, communication, physical objects, scripts ....   Read more here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-improve-Viewer-performance/ta-p/1316923#Section_.3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.