Nostalgia isn't what it used to be!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Noticing a Linden logging in to the Forums who I hadn't seen online here before, namely Fritz, I followed his forum activity link (Four posts in four years, which isn't exactly overcommitting himself to customer contact!) and found he had contributed to this announcement.

Yes, these "new-style" forums/blogs/answers/digital toilet paper were launched almost exactly four years ago.

My opinion is that they were never very good, and they have got worse with time as facilities have been removed and Linden Lab's involvement in them (apart from occasional forays by the mods bearing riot sticks to beat down any demonstrations of initiative) has decreased from infrequent to almost never.

My hope is that the contract with Lithium was for a five year stretch and we might see something different in a  year's time.

My fear is that the contract with Lithium was for a five year stretch and we might see the facility disappear in a year's time.

And there will be a prolonged hiatus during which we will be told SL V2 will have a wonderful all-singing all-dancing interactive customer contact site.

And it will never happen.

Anybody else got a crystal ball which isn't fogged up with clouds of hope and desperation?

When the forum ends, then will come the Rapture. Everyone on Earth will be judged by their posts. Blessed are the threadstarters, and the cogent self-possessed for they shall sit next to Ebbe. Blessed are the weak spellers, thin skinned and semi-literates for they shall inherit SL v1,. etc etc etc, ad infinitum. 

ETA Fixed speeling.

Doh!

Spelling

Derek Torvalar wrote:

When the forum ends, then will come the Rapture. Everyone on Earth will be judged by their posts. Blessed are the threadstarters, and the cogent
slef-possessed
for they shall sit next to Ebbe. Blessed are the
weak spellers
, thin skinned and semi-literates for they shall inherit SL v,. etc etc etc, ad infinitum. 

Sometimes I just can't help myslef.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Noticing a Linden logging in to the Forums who I hadn't seen online here before, namely Fritz, I followed his forum activity link (Four posts in four years, which isn't exactly overcommitting himself to customer contact!) and found he had contributed to

Yes, these "new-style" forums/blogs/answers/digital toilet paper were launched almost exactly four years ago.

My opinion is that they were never very good, and they have got worse with time as facilities have been removed and Linden Lab's involvement in them (apart from occasional forays by the mods bearing riot sticks to beat down any demonstrations of initiative) has decreased from infrequent to almost never.

My hope is that the contract with Lithium was for a five year stretch and we might see something different in a  year's time.

My fear is that the contract with Lithium was for a five year stretch and we might see the facility disappear in a year's time.

And there will be a prolonged hiatus during which we will be told SL V2 will have a wonderful
all-singing all-dancing interactive customer contact site.

And it will never happen.

Anybody else got a crystal ball which isn't fogged up with clouds of hope and desperation?

(My highlighting)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.