Malls in sl?

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Benson Gravois wrote:

Does anyone know if sl has any malls, I mean malls like the one in "Paul Blart mall cop?" Like the really big inside kind of mall with all the attractions and stores?

There are Segways on the MP, but as far as Malls to play around in I don't know any now.

Malls really have become a thing of the past in SL.   :(

At a time when merchants struggle to pay tiers on one main store, and many failing, due to the RL economy and Marketplace taking over most of the shopping that goes on in SL they aren't interested in opening additional stores in shopping malls for the most part.  People who have mostly full malls now days rely more on small or new businesses who make the mall store their main store. They heavily promote the mall and their tenants through ads special events etc. and work hard at finding and keeping tenants.  Gone are the days you can just put up a mall, put out rent boxes and collect rent.

Most, if not all, malls in SL were build extremely loveless and unpleasant to the eye. They weren't a virtual representation of the elegant malls and shopping centers you can find around the real world.

It was also a tiring shopping experiance, endless rows of textures to load, row after row to wander...I'm not suprised the marketplace took over for this reason aswell.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.