Answer
lolalab69
Accepted Solution
how do i turn off typing animation?

how do i turn it off so that when i chat publicly i dont type in the air?

doesnt look right somehow..lol

i'd appreciate your help ppl

thanks very much  :smileyhappy:

Lola
Accepted Solution
Darkie Minotaur
Topics: 8
Kudos: 154
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 51
Answered

First you need to have the Advanced Menu activated - if you can't see it, press ctrl + Alt + D 

You should then see something like "Debug Settings Option" or "Debug Settings" in this Advanced Menue (this could be a little dufferent in different viewers - some older e.g. have the Debug Settings it under "Client", if remember correctly). The debug settings are a long list of parameters that can be set - look for PlayTypingAnim and set it to FALSE - that's it

Other Answers: 4
Griffin Ceawlin
Answered
[ Edited ]

Click Edit/Preferences (or Ctrl+P) to open Preferences. In the chat tab, uncheck Play typing animation when chatting. Personally, unless I'm in a photo shoot or something like that, I like to use a typing animation replacement like my Blackberry. :smileywink:

Edit: Changed File to Edit.

:smileymad: I'm only a part-time b*tch :smileywink:
My time inworld is limited, and precious. IMs detailing your bruised ego are unwelcome.
Go to my Forum profile and try a PM instead. I may even respond.
~ My Silly Little Blog ~
Luc Starsider
Answered
[ Edited ]

Keep in mind that it often is useful for others to be able to see that you are typing something.

It is possible to get a different typing animation to use in stead of the default one. At least some AO's let you specify which typing anim to use, if not all of them.

- Luc -

Need a laugh? Watch this.
Recognized Resident
Ruben Bunjie
Answered

I've tried both the "debug" and the "preferences - uncheck animate avatar" but neither of them seem to work. Any suggestions? I am using Emergence viewer.

Ansariel Hiller
Kudos: 887
Solutions: 496
Answered

Addition to what Luc said: Since some server fix over a year ago, AOs don't need to have typing animation enabled anymore to detect if an avatar is typing. And second: For the third-party viewer Firestorm made a feature that disables those annoying head tilts, shouting animations and whispering animations when you press enter.

If I ever find a smart and funny signature text, you will find it right here!