how to change appearance of my avatar

Arden Sirnah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been away for a while so I'm trying to figure things out again.  I'm trying to tweak my avatar's body such as breast, legs, head and so on.  However I'm not finding an option for that.  I click me and then appearance and I have no options for tweaking.  I use the standard viewer....LL I believe they call it.  Does anyone know how I can tweak my avi?  Or what am I doing wrong? 

Hello Arden, welcome back!! To me, it sounds like you are wearing a shape that is not allowed to be modified. That may be the reason why the "Edit Appearance" it not showing up. Best thing to do is to go on the marketplace and buy a shape that allows one to modify it. If that does not solve the issue, then am sure someone else can think of what may be happening?

Bree - I just got the Maitreya Lara mesh body.  but before that I had I believe it was LAQ body shape...just classic avatar.  I assume I can't modify these then.  I'll have to try out a generic one and see how that goes.  I just see people who have modified their shapes considerably and I feel like add a bit more meat to mine.  lol.  

"Me" - "Appearance" takes you to a menu that's primarily to edit outfits. To jump directly to editing your shape, right click yourself and select "Edit my shape." If you are wearing a no-mod shape you can wear any other modifiable shape or a brand new shape. Maitreya Lara bodies respond to shape sliders if the shape itself is modifiable.

Arden Sirnah wrote:

Bree - I just got the Maitreya Lara mesh body.  but before that I had I believe it was LAQ body shape...just classic avatar.  I assume I can't modify these then.  I'll have to try out a generic one and see how that goes.  I just see people who have modified their shapes considerably and I feel like add a bit more meat to mine.  lol.  

You can edit your shape absolutly normaly. The Maitreya Lara body doesn't restrict that. The only thing you can't do is clicking on your body and chose to edit it now, because you are selecting the mesh body with that and not the shape. Try to edit it by selecting it directly from your inventory or worn objects tab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.