Move shape from beta grid to regular grid.

DNCarac

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I spent time in the beta grid adjusting my avatar (fewer interruptions). 

Now I find that nothing you do in the beta grid can be brought back into the regular grid.

First, is that really true, is there some way to bring all the work I did on my avatar back to the regular grid?

Second, what is the use of the beta grid if you can't bring anything back to the regular grid ... you have to redo everything you did in the beta grid.  That makes the beta grid sound completely useless.

Den

The Beta Grid is there to test things.  Linden Lab use it for testing new features and it's useful for residents to test things like textures without having to pay real L$ to upload them.  At one time the Beta Grid used to keep pace with your main grid inventory by regular updating but that doesn't seem to happen any more.

As mentioned above, you'll need to write down all your avatar shape settings ane re-enter them on the main grid, there's no short cut that I'm aware of!  Best do it as soon as possible because nothing is guaranteed permanent on Beta!

As Pussycat said, you can write down the shape numbers and recreate the new shape on the main grid.

You can also do it this way:

You can export your worn shape on any viewer.

For V3 based viewers (LL viewer, Firestorm etc) - Wear the shape you want to export.

Activate the Develop menu in the top menu bar of the viewer with CTRL+ALT+Q.

Develop -> Avatar -> Character Tests -> Appearance to XML

Firestorm viewer will ask you where you wish to save your shape. Rename the shape to remove the underscores - just use a single word name, the importer seems to barf over certain names.

LL viewer will save the shape automatically into the viewers logs folder.

To reimport the shape back into SL you will need a TPV.

On Firestorm, create a new shape and wear it.

Edit the shape. In the edit shape window, you will see an "Import" button. Click that and browse to your shape file you saved on your computer.

You will now be wearing your exported shape and can save it.

• Thanks 1

Conifer Dada wrote:

At one time the Beta Grid used to keep pace with your main grid inventory by regular updating but that doesn't seem to happen any more.

Yes, doesn't happen automatically. We can force the update from main grid to the beta grid though (naturally not vice versa).

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid says:

We have an account auto updater system of sorts in place. If you cannot log into Aditi or would like your inventory updated change your password. Then your account will be updated automatically within 24 hours. You have the control to update your accounts now. You no longer need to message a Linden for account updates to Aditi .

Account Update Steps

1. Change your login password on AGNI (i.e. the main grid).

• How to change your password

2. Wait 24 hours.

3. Log into ADITI (i.e. beta grid)

4. Rejoice!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.