" Server experiencing difficulties - Unable to upload C:\*\*\secondlife\Oc8ca607-c87f-3b* "

Mitzi Verne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting this message when I try to build/edit/save.

'Unable to upload C:\*\*\secondlife\Oc8ca607-c87f-3b*. Server experiencing difficulties

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/errormessageh.jpg/

It's stopping me from doing any building or saving or making any changes, so I basically have a broken SL.

I've been fiddling over the last 6 days with it, I uninstalled & re-installed SL several times, changed directories, but to no avail.

Same problem when I used Pheonix, & on my laptop,  so I figure there must be a way within SL to stop it from trying to save the texture, but I am stumped & desperate.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Mitzi Verne

OK, eyeeye, you seem to be closest to the mark. I cleaned all files off computer, re-installed a fresh download, but still the same problem. I took a box with a script in it to another sim, edited the script, and it was saved no problem, - I couldn't do this on my sim. So... it seems it's ok other places but my sim.

EDIT: Is there a way to stop (debug?) SL from trying to upload a texture UUID? Any other suggestions?
PS, How do I post this so everyone can read???

9 answers to this question

The problem is not SL's servers.  You have a borked file.  Have you tried deleting that image file from your APPDATA file?  You have its path and filename in the image you posted.  If simply deleting the image doesn't solve the problem, do a clean re-install of your viewer.  Do not simply re-install a new copy of the viewer on top of what's there now, or you'll just inherit the old, borked files.  See >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_clean_reinstall . The instructions work for any viewer, although the filenames may be different.

• Like 1

Hello Mitzi. My feeling is that a clean reinstall will resolve your issue. That means with simple words 2 steps:

1. Uninstall all viewers using Windows Control Panel --> Add / Remove Programs
  2. Delete all contests into the following folders and restart your computer.
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

Remarks:

• These paths are for Windows Vista and Windows 7. If your OS is different, post back here editing your post informing us about
  • Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)
  • If you want to keep your private conversations which are saved in your computer, copy the folder with your nickname to another position in your hard disk. The folder is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ mitzi_verne
  • If you have more viewers installed in your computer do the same for all following same paths in your hard disk (like the path with Phoenix above)
  • About Windows paths: C:\ = Your hard disk, you find it if you open "My computer". Where you see backslash, follows a folder into the previous one)

Hi HR.

I was originaly thinking the same thing, SL servers.

I have'nt tried on another sim, good idea. That would be the easiest quickest non technical way.

I'm not a technical person, so this is driving me nuts. lol

I will try everyones ideas, & let you all know when/if I have some luck.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

:)

I think it's the servers, too. I get this problem now and again, and I can always normally fix it simply by tping to another sim and saving/uploading stuff there. Usually when I tp back it's fixed back home, too. I'm not sure if tping away and coming back fixes it, or if it's just it's righted itself in the meantime.

Certainly whenever it's been more persistent on my home sim, either restarting the sim or logging out, rebooting my cable modem and logging back in has invariably fixed it.

• Like 1

OK, eyeeye, you seem to be closest to the mark.
I cleaned all files off computer, re-installed a fresh download, but still the same problem.
I took a box with a script in it to another sim, edited the script, and it was saved no problem, - I couldn't do this on my sim.
So... it seems it's ok other places but my sim.

EDIT: Is there a way to stop (debug?) SL from trying to upload a texture UUID?
Any other suggestions?

PS, How do I post this so everyone can read???

Well, it seems that hanging out in another sim worked.

I did do the clean re-installs, but that ddint work.

I then went off to a different sim, took the build I was working on with me, rezzed it & left it out for an hour or so.

I then went home, and all is working fine again.

I can edit/ save & start working again.

YAY!

Thanks everyone for your replies & help. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.