Not able to view the contents of a Buy Contents object for sale

Joanna Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Not able to view the contents of a Buy Contents object for sale

When I click on an object to BUY THE CONTENTS, the contents doesn't load.

I've traied to clear cache, delete cookies, test my upload speed which is excellent.   I've changed my bandwidth which cooincides with my internet connect.

I just don't know how to fix this.

Anyone have a clue?  Please don't answer with what I've already tried....   :)

Hello & thanks for trying to answer.  :)     That's my issue -- the CONTENTS will not load.   It won't load on ANYTHING at all.  Meaning I could be BUYING the item or just EDITING the contents of a box I own or I am just VIEWING the contents of a box.    Examples - I click BUY and the contents doesn't load.    I click EDIT CONTENTS and the contents doesn't load.

4 answers to this question

Hello, Cousin Loon!

I'm not sure why you tried all of those things.  Clearing cache won't do anything (except slow down image rendering for a while), and deleting cookies and testing Internet speed are irrelevant.  If you want to view the contents of any object, right click on it and select Edit to open your editor.  Then open the Contents tab to see what's in it.

Sometimes if merchants are selling multiple items as part of a set, they pack things in boxes to put in their vendors because the vendor scripts they use require it, or it just because backups in boxes keep their inventory neater and the total count lower.  Merchants that sell a lot of things have tons of inventory!

If this is the case, you won't be able to see the contents of the box that's in a in world vendor. 

The same thing goes for the MP.  If items are in a box you won't be able to see what the contents are in the contents tab.

Someone else was having this exact problem - details here BUG-40728

This is what fixed them in the end...

For Windows 10

• Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.
  • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. In this case select all Temporary file options. (Feel free to have Disk Cleanup remove other files while you're at it.)
  • Select OK

Next please completely uninstall Second Life. To make sure all cache has been cleared, right-click on windows Start and click Search. Type in %appdata% and open it. From there open the Local folder and find the SecondLife folder. Delete the entire SecondLife folder here.

Finally, download and install the latest copy of Second Life from https://get.secondlife.com

Their problem was caused by some odd permissions problems in their local temp folder.

Viewing the contents of an object, either through Edit or Buy Contents makes use of the Windows temp folder at AppData\Local\Temp\ and cleaning out the Temp files via Disk Cleanup fixed it.

Give this a try & see if it works.

If not, please file a JIRA issue

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.