Marketplace requests heavy slowdowns on IE/Edge. Is it just me?

Real Burger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since the last days I have heavy slowdowns on sl marketplace, each server request makes around 20 seconds (!) to get a feedback. Browsing the marketplace is becoming nearly impossible. I really thought that it was only a server problem, because it looks only server-side (I can see the loading wheel, and no Javascript errors appears in the console),

But just now I was really surprised that this issue is brower related! In fact these slowdown only appear with Internet Explorer or Edge, and not with Firefox.

I would like to report this bug on the Jira, but before doing this I would like to know if other users encounter this too,

Thank you

4 answers to this question

Yes I have actually encountered this as well and your observations are indeed correct, it is browser related. I would file a JIRA on it. I have found that the Marketplace is nearly impossible to use on IE/Edge myself as well as others have complained about it as well. I tried it on 3 different computers and it behaved exactly the same using IE/Edge.

Hope this helps. It's definitely some kind of bug.

Felicia

• Like 2

That's not surprising.  The Linden Lab web sites are optimized for Firefox, Opera, and Chrome.  Residents have had trouble with IE for years.  That's why our first advice here when people are having Marketplace issues is often to change your web browser to one of the three favored ones.  You can also try simply clearing your web browser's cache. That often helps too.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2850 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.