Where is the buddhist group?

CMOQ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you tried looking around inworld? I am not sure if they have a forum created just for Buddhists but I am pretty sure there are some Buddhist Groups. If you want to do a short search without going inworld, Log in to Secondlife.com and Select Group under the Community bar menu. It'll bring you to a group search page and type your group name. I think the biggest group has about 500 members in it.

A quick search for "Buddhist" in the groups tab shows quite a number of such interest groups, e.g.

• Buddhists of SL
  • SL SGI-USA
  • Kannonji
  • .. and many more ...

Having said that, as a Phoenix user I can't really guide a Viewer 2 user (and I assume that is what 1 day old CMOQ is using) on how to search for groups, sorry!

Inworld using Viewer 2

1. Click on Search Button
2. Type Buddhist , a search will take place with ALL results seen. Just Click on Group on the sub tabs.

Option two:

1. Go to Side Bar and Select People then Group.
2. Type Buddhist, there will be no result of course but click on the small Search link given.
3. Search link will automatically open the appropriate tab for you and give you the expected result.

I went to the nearest Search button and got a "sorry no results" reply. What is the difference between my search button and yours? Also, where is this Side Bar? I have no idea where anything is yet, and none of the Getting Started tutorials link to ANYTHING.

I went to the nearest Search button and got a "sorry no results" reply. What is the difference between my search button and yours? Also, where is this Side Bar? I have no idea where anything is yet, and none of the Getting Started tutorials link to ANYTHING.

I'm starting to wonder if the reason none of these answers are making any sense is because this forum is or isn't what you guys are referring to as "inworld." I assume that by "inworld," you are talking about "in Second LIfe." So now my question is: "Is This Forum "Inworld?" Because if it isn't, that means that every time I go to ask a question, then I am sudddenly no longer "inworld?"

CMOQ wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if the reason none of these answers are making any sense is because this forum is or isn't what you guys are referring to as "inworld." I assume that by "inworld," you are talking about "in Second LIfe." So now my question is: "Is This Forum "Inworld?" Because if it isn't, that means that every time I go to ask a question, then I am sudddenly no longer "inworld?"

This forum is not THE "inworld" I was referring to earlier on. This is however a forum about everything and anything pertaining to Second Life. To experience or join the group(s) you desire, you must log in to Second Life. What we have here, and what I meant by here means this forum is more of activities outside Second Life where we discuss Second Life issues, thoughts and Ideas or question & answer help (among other things). If you read this from Facebook for the first time and was expecting a user community group like Buddhist groups or Bookclubs, then you won't find it here.

ETA: I'm adding a little bit more, just so we don't miss a thing.

Second Life is a Virtual World... you can picture the World of Warcraft except we do it differently here. It is mostly a world were residents are the creators and we do all sorts of activities in which ever avatar characters we would like to be. There are many community groups in Second Life which hold events like 'discussion group sessions', 'party', 'games' and so on... but these are solely done while logged in to Second Life's virtual world. In a way, you are outside of Second Life ('in-world')when you post a question but you don't have to do that everytime. There are groups or places in-world that provides help to anyone especially newbies. This forum is just another venue of Second Life that does the same thing except we do not need to log in to Second Life's virtual world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.