Oh really now...?

November Velde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, this morning, I purchased something off marketplace. And suprisingly enough, it came to me in world lightning fast. Yay me, Im happily building away and I hear the "money transaction" sound. I can't figure out what it is at first and head to my account page. And there is my  money back from one of the shops. I check my marketplace transaction page and it says that the item failed to deliver.

I have said item.

What should I do?

November Velde wrote:

So, this morning, I purchased something off marketplace. And suprisingly enough, it came to me in world lightning fast. Yay me, Im happily building away and I hear the "money transaction" sound. I can't figure out what it is at first and head to my account page. And there is my  money back from one of the shops. I check my marketplace transaction page and it says that the item failed to deliver.

I have said item.

What should I do?

LOL.... you gotta love LL's failsafe trusted financial transaction processing / sales transaction solution.

Sadly all us Merchants assume full confidence that ANY ecommerce provisioner (like amazon.com, onlinestore.com, LL's marketplace.secondlife.com) have put in place rock solid reliable and trusted sales transaction handling systems to ensure that the buyer or seller will not be screwed because of a systems failing within the provisioner's environment.

When transactions like this prove that LL's financial / sales transaction processing is not trusted, it puts into question the reputation of the system of the provisioner.

We all know how immature LL Development is in solution design, coding, and more importantly their complete lack of Q/A testing.  But to now have to rely upon this immaturity when LL our marketplace provisioner is deploying critical system components like Direct Delivery.... this is where this proven immaturity becomes scary for Merchants and Customers of MP.

• Resident

Hello November,

This is an issue caused by an interruption in communications with the sellers Magic Box.  If the Magic Box cannot contact the web site back to confirm that the item was sent then the order is failed and you are refunded.

Please pay the seller directly in world and send them a notecard explaining that you were refunded for the purchase.

You may also include a direct link to this Forum Thread so that the seller will be able to see my reply to you. 

Any seller that has had this issue happen should immediately submit a Support Case Type for Marketplace and then Marketplace Listing Issues and Customer Support will be able to help them reset and test their Magic Boxes.

Hi November :)

I am sorry that as a customer you are getting roped into Marketplace - Merchant issues. We all wish it would work without hitches of course.

Over the last few weeks I had noticed several threads where - through issues such as a customer contacting them about a product, merchants discovered they had not actually been paid for items that had been delivered. It seems that merchants may not actually realise when this problem occurs and therefore it's difficult to track and feedback to the Commerce Team.

I would therefore like to suggest that you contact the merchant with your transaction details so that they can contact the Commerce Team to have this issue investigated.

Emma :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.