Using personal security device in a rental instead of owner's

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having a problem where ever I go with previous tenants TPng into their old rental. The owner provided HippoSecurity has a 15 sec delay. I want my own device that will log intrusions and eject them immediately.

Will a personal orb work in a rental when not owned by the rental group?

If so, which devices are compatible with rentals for the tennant (non-owners) and cannot be deeded to the rental group.

Thanks for your advice.

I'm afraid that's not possible. A security orb can only do automatically what the owner has permission to do manually. In other words, it has to be owned by the same person or group as the land to work.

Well, actually there are some ways to work around that limitation but if the landowner isn't willing to change the alert time on the existing security orb, there's not much chance they're willing to set up that for you either.

just a little addition:

many rental properties don't allow security that does eject instantly. Be sure your's does. Same as banlines... check your covenant.

If you really want to control your privacy fully  you'll need to get your own parcel at mainland, or rental company that gives you ownerrights.

We have been allowing tenants deed rights in our skydome rentals for setting up their own Security systems. So far over the years not many isuses. all we ask is they keep the range set to within 150m to cover their whole area and not to affect the otehr tenants enjoyment. 

You would have to deed it to the group for it to work. There are no devices that work to bang people away from a parcel without being group-owned except for weapons which aren't allowed in most residential rentals.

If a previous tenant keeps returning to their former rental, this should stop eventually but you could also use ban/eject to put their name in the ban list, much simpler IF the landlord gives out that power. Or you could ask her.

Wherever you go? Really? This could be a problem of a parcel remaining in search, with persists for days after the parcel is removed. But check that on the land menu or ask the landlord to check.

Not all landlords give out the power to ban and/or deed, and if they are like me, they don't allow orbs on the ground since they are a vile nuisance to everyone, but only allow them in skyboxes up in the air 500 meters or higher.

All banning devices MUST give warnings to avatars. It's not their fault that they are just flying around and come near your humper bunker. They may only be your fellow tenant and they should get a warning. This became the norm in this industry years ago.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.