Second LIfe cannot be accessed from this computer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's probably a temporary glitch - I had that happen to me a couple years ago and it cleared up on its own. Try contacting support. Are you in a place where a number of people share an IP address, like in a dorm or maybe an apartment building? You might have been caught up in action against someone else.

If you have access to another computer/location try logging into your account from there.

If you HAVE been bad or it turns out you have an evil twin or something you should have gotten an E-mail telling you so. It would be very unusual to be hit with a hardware ban - the nuclear weapon in the LL arsenal - completely unexpectedly.

Maybe it is your computer's hardware. whenever I remove and reinstall a viewer, I get a message saying SL might not run well. However, if my computer cannot run a certain viewer at all (most V2 and anything V3) then it just crashes when trying to launch.

Keep in mind that your viewer does keep a hardware profile of your computer. I forget how to access that but it shows the graphics card, CPU, ISP and some other tech things.

I would wager it is your computer that is unable to run SL and has nothing t do with being in trouble with LL.

I've had this several times over the years.  Removing SL from my computer and re-installing has always done the trick,   I usually restart my computer and throw in a System Restore to the previous day, too.  I'm not sure which, or any, of those makes the difference but I've always been back in SL within 30 minutes.  

Reading the reply previous to mine, my method does include the modem being switched off and then back on again so maybe it is that.

Most ISPs use what is called "dynamic" IP addresses, that is, they change from login to login, drawn from a set pool of  addresses assigned to them.  If you use a large ISP - and who doesn't, these days - chances are good that another one of their customers did something unspeakable in a sandbox, probably involving megaprims, at some point in the history of SL.  And you were unlucky enough to draw the same IP that miscreant was using at the time.

It's fairly easy to get a new IP address from that dynamic pool.  Unplug your modem or router, count to 30, and plug it back in.  Rebooting your computer can work, too.

• 6 months later...

Just go to change adapter settings and disable them ( ex: disable the wireless one if you connect from wireless router ) this way to get new IP then connect again to your internet and log back then u will see it works fine **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

• 2 months later...

Gadget Portal wrote:

Necrothread?

No Simply somone used search to search out their issue before posting it for the millionth time lol

To the last person who has this problem. If you access your router settings and change the mac address by one number and reboot the router. you will get a new Ip that is not on The ban list

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.