Low FPS normal on this much processing power?

Tzeki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I'm unsure if this is normal. I'm currently usign Firestorm's latest installation on a machine using

•Windows 7 64-bit

•GTX 670 4GB Vram

•16GB ddr3 ram

•i5-4570k CPU

But I get 20-22 FPS on Ultra settings, click on the link bellow to see what these are.

Settings #1

Settings #2

Settings #3

So I guess I'm asking: Is there any possible tweak I can do to increase my FPS besides lowering my graphic quality?

First thing you should do is check the Maximum bandwicth setting. There may be a bit to gain there. It's hard to say exactly what you should set it to though - depends on your connection. The idea is to find the sweet spot where your computer gives the connection enough attention to deal with the data transfer efficiently but without wasting time trying to receive data faster than the connection can deliver it.

You objects and sculpt LOD setting is maxed out. That adds quite a lot of client side lag (and a little bit of network and server side too) and shouldn't be necessary today, not unless you spend a lot of time surrounded by outdated and/or poor quality sculpts and mesh.

You may also want to reduce the number of non-impostor avatars quite a bit although it may not have any practical significance. How often are you in an environment with that many other avatars anyway?

Draw distance - quite a bit to save there. Find out how much you actually need.

Finally - and I know many will protest here - consider using the standard SL viewer or possibly Singularity. Firestorm is a much heavier program then those two and you should ask yourself whether you actually need all those extra features and if you do, are they worth the extra lag?

Your FPS looks quite normal - of course depends on where you are.

Fastest Viewer is the LL viewer. For Catznip and Kokua I get same FPS, Singularity a bit slower and Firestorm 10-20% slower. (Only my observations, may be different for others)

Biggest Impact for your FPS is "Impostors" (populated sims) and "View Range" (heavy build/texture sims).
If you switch off shadows the impact will be medium to high. (depending on where you are)
All other optimizations are not worth the efforts and will be responsible for maybe +/- 5% or even less of the performance.

You should get FPS in the range of 25-60 on max. settings. Can of course be lower if you look at 100 dancing avatars or super heavy builds. :D

Your antialiasing is 16x. If you have high resolution display (like 1920 x 1200 or 1920 x 1080) you really don't need it that high. Lower it to 2x and see is there any difference in fps.

Shadows have big impact on fps. Use shadows only when you absolutely need them.

In crowded places (lots of avatars) it helps to keep the "Max. # of non-impostor avatars" low - somewhere around 10.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.