Got my account restored be LL now its broken and no one helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So after i gave up on SL in 2009 i wanted to start again, since my account was still locked up due a missing balance i sended LL a ticket to get it recovered. A Linden reactived it and after i payed the missing balance i could log in again, well so far so good, but now my avatar is broken:

-No working inventory, pretty much all system folders are missing, freebies i got for testing cant be delted etc.

-I cant rez anything inworld

-I cant wear anything besides the stock avatars, from the client avatar chooser but even these only work till i relog

-Im stuck in the base avatar everytime i relog getting asked if i want to be male or female

-Im stuck in in Morris everytime i relog i end up there no matter where i log out

-Not able to set  new homespot client complains the home location is not aviable, while the sim is actually online and i can teleport with the map there just fine

-Other avatars cant send me objects

The ticketsystem has nothing that covers this serious messed up inventory and avatar problem, and the Linden that reactivated me apperently dont knows anyone either who can help here. I feel scammed be LL now paying money for something broken and no one beeing able or wanting to help me. What now ? Also stop telling me about a broken cache on my client this PC has never seen a SL client in its life.... so its a shiny fresh install of the official LL client !

try to include more information like the specs of your PC.What viewer you are using, what you have done to try to fix it. and what you have done as far as updating SL or reinstalling it... Any why you gaVE UP ON sl BEFORE

It is also very p[ossible that the region you are logging into all the time is messed up and not allowing your inventory to download properly.. try logging into different regions....

A helper is only as good as the information you provide

And try to approach these issues with less negativity  no one is scamming you:) you payed a past due bill

There are plenty of knowledgebase articles that touch on avatar issues.. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-avatar-appearance/ta-p/1256955

Second Life 3.3.4 (262321) Jul 24 2012 04:02:05 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 255,441.0, 256,474.0, 48.2 in Morris located at sim8848.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.41.24:13001)
Second Life Server 12.07.18.262055
Error fetching server release notes URL.

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU    Q9550  @ 2.83GHz (2830.51 MHz)
Memory: 8192 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0013.0142
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

Latest official SL client, and i did the usul stuff clear cache, remove the SL client and ALL related folders, try getting some freebie avatars to get my out of the default noob shape,trying to slap a plywood cube on my head which also dosent even work. Im not sure what i can do when apperently the database of my avatar on the LL servers is broken...

About your inventory it says this in Red with a warning sign (literally) in the knowledge base found here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019

Re-activating a canceled account

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

I tried several other regions yes and ALL of them do the same. iCade im not stupid and i can read im aware i wont get my stuff back thats NOT THE PROBLEM ! but you should carefully read my first post ! because i CANT even wear a freebie avatar i got for example !

I was responding to this:

-No working inventory, pretty much all system folders are missing

That you are stuck in the base avatar, is another issue entirely. Also, I never stated you were stupid, a lot of folks overread the fine print. Sorry for trying to help out, you have a nice day.

iCade wrote:

Re-activating a canceled account

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.
32px-KBwarning.png
Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverab

_________________________________________________________________________________________

That would suck if that is what the problem is... But kind of sounds more like a region problem...

The only other thing I can think of is your firewall may be to tight and not allowing some info to come in on UDP ports. Just really hard to tell.  It may have been easier to just create a new account if the account has been inactive that long.I u7nderstand too late now since you payed to get restored... So much has changed since then ...

Maybe somone else will come along  who has had this problem before and may be able to shed some light on it..

You may want to also entertain your self and still try the cache clearing etc. Because there still is the possibility that your first log in become corrupt because of a faulty region or what ever the crazy reason would be. Or maybe in 24 hours. The system catches up to you...

Here a litte screenshoot story about my Second Life right now:

This one here i get EVERYTIME i log in:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Fox.Mc.Cloud/Screen-1.jpg

Another one because quite often it even rips of the default avatar from me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Fox.Mc.Cloud/Screen-2.jpg

This happens if i use a freebie avatar on my self:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Fox.Mc.Cloud/Screen-3.jpg

And this is my inventory several IMPORTANT system folders are missing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Fox.Mc.Cloud/Screen-4.jpg

Only scripted objects seem to be able to give me inventory, or 0 LS items i buy, transfer from other avatars wont work, also i cant delete items everything is stuck. I disabled my firewall and its the same, also the region dosent matter, even some very fast private regions wont work.

Yea that looks pretty messed up. . Do you recall how much inventory you had before you quit last time? But I wouldn't try to use any regions around that one . I would log into a region like Agriopis and then try to do everything

I would select male or female and then relog right away to save settings. and then relog back into the same region .. Away from the heavily trafficked regions

give your inventory time to download before trying to put on clothing or change avatars.....

If none of that works then maybe submit a ticket and ask them to reset your account/inventory

about the missing system folders

it happens even to "normal" accounts. like me. is a pita

anyways. what I have to do to fix it

+

i use my other account and send my affected account: one of each primary resource type. Animation. Gesture. Script. Sound. Texture. Photo. Notecard. Landmark. Calling Card. skin for Body Parts. system top/bottom for Clothing. etc. i also give 1$L

what that does is somehow force the inventory system to recreate the System folders in the right places most times. after that things start to go proper again

+

ok is one real killer about this that i read about one time

someone did this above and the System folders got created as top level folders. so what they did was box as much stuff as they could and send to their other account. after that then they total deleted everything in their Inventory, including all the System and not system/fake folders. like total wasted everything and Empty Trash

then they clear cache and log. when they log back then emptyo inventory. so they done the send primary resources again from their other account. it recreate the system folders

then they log and wait for until inventory dl. then they got their boxes back and was ok after that

dunno if this will help you but can try maybe and see

+

the technical reason is that the db links to old stuff are broken/lost. you have to force the system to create new links to new resources

+

ps: to get back my Lost and Found folder. i deliberate rez a thing on a autoreturn land. when it gets returned then it recreates the folder to put it in

@ Dilbert Had about 16k items in my inventory, there gone and i doubt i ever see them again but that i can live with if i have to. Again i tried other regions, and if i enter a different region on my login page it will still kick to to Morris, saying my last location is not available while it IS AVAILABLE and while i can teleport there just fine...

@16 good thinking but i tried this already as well today, problem is as soon i relog everything is as it was before also people or an old alt which works fine btw cant drop inventory on me only scripted  obects and buying works but the items end up dead inside my inventory, i cant rez them or put them on.

Well I am not sure what to tell you. Being gone so long and your account not set as basic while you are gone can have severe consiquences... A few things it could be. Maybe give it 24 hours to catch up. Or there is a connection issue on your end. Myabe why you are being bounced back to morris or you just keep trying to log into regions that are borked up infohubs that belong to LL. . I just dont know... If another account works then I would use it ...

Looks to me like the database is borked, possibly broken sql links and such.  only advice I can give is find the secondlife beta group and look for a linden online and ask them directly for help,  the ticket system as I just found out is about impossible to use because there support people (scouts) do not seem to use the product they are supporting.

ouch !!!

last idea. see if u can can log in to the beta grid. just to see what happens there. is supposed to replicate your current inventory. if is doing the same on there then yes is really big problem. only a linden will be able to fix if is borking the replication as well

if it does kinda work on there then maybe be able to make some comparisons. probably wont help much but maybe the broken links wont be replicated? if not then will have some ideas more about which links are total broken

I will try search for that guy who had almost the exact same problem as you. cant remember which site it was on but I will try to find

16 wrote:

ouch !!!

last idea. see if u can can log in to the beta grid. just to see what happens there. is supposed to replicate your current inventory. if is doing the same on there then yes is really big problem. only a linden will be able to fix if is borking the replication as well

if it does kinda work on there then maybe be able to make some comparisons. probably wont help much but maybe the broken links wont be replicated? if not then will have some ideas more about which links are total broken

I will try search for that guy who had almost the exact same problem as you. cant remember which site it was on but I will try to find

Yea that is a good idea. I was kind of thinking to try that as well. But I was also thinking that since the avatar was on hold so long that the info was archived. and account refreshes like on beta grid happen every 24 hours... Sooo maybe the account will  dig up the archive after midnight refresh/update... ( depending on how long it has been since he/she reactivated) Just a thought.... Could be wrong...

Out of curiosity, have you tried creating an alt avatar (new one)?  It sounds like you prefer to use this one, and I don't blame you, just wondering if a newly-created avatar would have any of the same issues.  Probably not as it does sound like some kind of corrupted database, but would be interesting to try.

I hope this straightens out for you and welcome back. :)

16 wrote:

seems like you joined the I GOT CHOP839 CLUB

seems the fix is for linden to run a serverside repair script on the account. so best add your name on the end of that jira. looks like is lindens watching that jira and fixing people as it happens

Nice find 16 I will have to keep this one in mind :)

Little update, still waiting for Aura Linden hopefully doing a miracle, meanwhile i banged on stuff my self. Logged into the beta grid and BAM avatar works as it should, i can use my inventory, my avatar and everything else. On the maingrid i grabbed a few items from the some vendors that resend stuff i once bought, what didnt work on the maingrid now works flawlessly, my old avatars, one of my old cars. So yes im certain this can be fixed if someone bothered to push the right button.

@16 you said some of your folders are still missing something i did on the beta grid to get them back was useing an old 1.XX based clients they always show the system folders, just stuff something random in there and log back on whatever 3.XX client you use, worked for me on the beta grid.

Also the customer support from the ticket system is usefull as a flexiprim co**. Thx you for say FU to me and i should just make new account !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.