Creating the bridge. This might take a few moments, please wait

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok im getting this message everytime i log in, my inventory wont load, no groups or friends list and the only sim that rezzes is the one im in, no other surrounding sims will rezz or load.  I havent changed anything on my end so i cant fix this.  Why is my viewer having to  Create the bridge.on every log in.  Im using the latest firestorm viewer, but this problem is about 5 days old now and just started happening out of the blue.

help please.

The bridge is an invisible scripted object that attaches to your avatar that Firestorm uses to be able to gather data for things like the radar, tp to cam, flight assist and script count. 

Per the Firestorm Wiki:

If you have the bridge recreating on each log in or each TP, this is likely related to your connection. So, please make sure your bandwidth is set correctly, per this page - and please follow the steps exactly.

Once you get the problem straight you should search your inventory for mulitple copies of the bridge and delete them all except theone that is attached to you.

uninstall all your sl clients and use the LL client only. you will have to manually rid yourself of the old emerald bridge hangover. stop using third party clients until your issues are resolvled and you are skilled enough to use tpv clients.

You need to be at a place where you can rez and scripts are allowed and if the place is "lag central" then it will not work either.

So go to a place where the bridge can be creatred and hit in menu: avatar/avatar health/recreate bridge

Once you have the bridge created you don't need to do it again, so laggy, no rez, no script places are no problem then.

For general information, in Firestorm bridge creation is done differently than in Phoenix. With Firestorm you only need to be in a place where scripts are enabled.  Places that restrict scripts are much rarer than places that restrict building.

Names redacted to comply with TOS.

Perrie Juran: back to my debug setting in Firestorm question.  Do changes we make keep across log ins?  I've tried changing both "ninventorylibrary" and  "noinvlib" to true but when i relog the setting is back to 'false'
FS Support: the Library is needed for building the bridge, so it can't really be hidden.
FS Support: AFAIK, that particular setting does not work in FS because it uses the library to create the bridge. You can kill it on the command line, but we don't recommend it.
Perrie Juran: we could hide it in phoenix with no problem
FS Support: in Firestorm, that is (the library/bridge matter)
FS Support: Yup, because Phoenix created a prim instead of using something from the library. Downside to Phoenix's method is that it requires build  /and/ script rights on the land you're in to generate the bridge. In FS, you can't hide the library, but you only need script rights on the land you're in.
FS Support: that's right.. the Phoenix bridge wasn't built out of a Library item. Firestorm bridge is built differently. Hence the change.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.