Another Interview With Ebbe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

MBeatrix wrote:

If it was a deliberate action, then it clearly shows that Mr. Altberg's reality belongs to a totally different universe than the one that puts money into his pockets — which is even worse, coming from a CEO.

The timing was deeply wrong. He may have shot to death an economy that took years to be built and thrive, the very same economy that could help financing the new platform — I doubt it will happen now, due to his poor timing choice.

What time would have been better? You seem to forget there are millions of residents in SL that may not agree with either your or my opinion on timing. Could of, should have, maybe, possibly, perhaps, all speculative. I've been around a long time and the economy is no better or worse. People made money in 2004 and they do today.

The current platform is an antique, a technical fossil in fact. This should have been done 3-5 years ago.

I've been around this grid a long long time and I have seen all kinds of ups and downs.

Historically many businesses see a slump in the summertime when people are nore interested in outside than being in on a computer. Having this natural slump coincide with a big announcement could easily deepen it a bit.

I truly believe it will settle down some in the coming weeks and months. That also follows a historical(or should I say hysterical) pattern I have seen a few times Big announcement -> doom/gloom -> drop in slaes ->later people move back to living their secondlives

This change is a long way off. Good or bad it is coming. I for one am rather looking forward to it. It has got me and several family members actually excited about world building again for the first time in many years. I'm dusting off now rusty creation skills and getting ready to dive into SL2 full tilt when it comes.

Deep breaths folks. Wait and see what happens. RUnning around like Chicken little does nothing good for anyone.

What time would have been better?

The time when there is/will be a technological plan they can present to people and not just a Linden Lab business one. What the CEO did was creating uncertainty, which is understandable because he, himself, is not certain about the technological solutions — thus he should have kept his mouth shut about it all until he could provide some concrete answers and not just some vague ideas.

But of course you didn't read any of the other posts I dropped to this thread... Which is typical, somehow.

Could of, should have, maybe, possibly, perhaps, all speculative.

Yep, and that includes many of the CEO words about it — pure speculation.

FYI: I spend many hours inworld meeting and talking to a lot of different people, rather than reading forums — some of those people are excited about the news but also fearful, but most are only fearful. A new platform sure is good news, but only and if I know what it is going to be like. "Better" is just a word and means nothing concrete by itself.

MBeatrix wrote:

But of course you didn't read any of the other posts I dropped to this thread... Which is typical, somehow.

And you know this how exactly? You don't, specualtion seems to be your way of life. In case you haven't noticed, there is currently a hype cycle for VR. Get it now?

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

What time would have been better?

A time when Mr Altberg did not have to admit this publicly:

Ebbe Altberg wrote:
We're not ready to talk about this yet.

Father "honesty at last!" Jim

• 2 weeks later...

And you know this how exactly? You don't, specualtion seems to be your way of life.

It is obvious and not speculation at all, or else you wouldn't have asked "What time would have been better?" since I wrote my point of view on the timing several times on previous posts in this thread. What is your problem, anyway? And talking about a way of life... Do you have one? Or you're just a "yes miss"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.