Avi PROBLEMS

Coty Ronas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

Ishtara once said: I suppose your usual avatar wears an alpha layer. Whenever you go back to your regular avatar, you're also putting the alpha layer back on, which renders parts of your body invisible. Remove that alpha layer file from your avatar / outfit folder(s) and you should be fine.

Hi Coty, sorry to hear you are still having problems. I see you have had this issue for over two weeks now. I can only suggest what I can think of that would in theory be able to solve your problem, and I may repeat solutions you have tried already.

First, try wearing a completely different avatar. Don't just change clothes and hair, but everything. An easy way to do this is to wear a new folder from your library in your clothes folder, try boy next door. Just right click on that folder and choose wear.

If that doesn't work, manually clear your cache.

To clear cache first enable view hidden folders by going to your control panel, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.

Go back to control panel, folder options, view, don't show hidden files and folders.

Restart your computer.

Open your inventory recent tab and wait for it to stop fetching.

If you still are having problems please post back and if at all possible post a screenshot to maybe get a better idea of your issue.

Good luck I hope you get this problem resolved.

Hello Coty. More than 10 days with that problem is really long time. I accept that you tried all the solutions (about 10 people posted for you) and nothing worked.

Well....

If you use Viewer 2, try to log in with Phoenix. I believe that you will fix your problem.

If you use Phoenix, give a try to this: Menu Edit --> Preferences --> Phoenix tab --> Page 2 --> 4rth tab "Advanced Graphics" --> Select "HTTP Get Textures" --> close the pop-up window --> OK --> Relog in a protected land (Smith, Lime, Aqua) ....

....open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. When it finished, try to change outfit.

The missing parts seem to correspond with the parts of the uv map for the avatar. Now I wonder the same as Charlotte; how does it look if you try a different skin on?

Also; you are wearing tattoos that I wonder if are on more than one or two tattoo layers. If so, try to take them off.

- Luc -

Ok, one more suggestion, if you have phoenix and V2, you will need to clear cache for both viewers.

To clear cache first enable view hidden folders by going to your control panel, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Phoenix and delete the contents of that folder.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Phoenix and delete the contents of that folder

Go back to control panel, folder options, view, don't show hidden files and folders.

Restart your computer.

If you are going to have multiple viewers on your system, its best to store cache in different locations.

Hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.