Editing Associated

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This business of the list in "Edit Associated" being behind by 5 minutes needs to stop.  I've been trying to update my listings to foldered instead of boxed, and tonight, everything was moving along REALLY quickly!  Until I got to the most important part, editing the associated item.  After moving right along, then to come to a crashing halt while the edit list waits to update was upsetting.  So after only three, updates, I gave up again. 

I know there are a LOT worse problems going on right now than this, what with peoples entire stores being mixed up, but I just wanted to put this out there. 

I also know that they did that to try to streamline the marketplace and make things go faster, but did they have to do it at the expense of the merchants time?

Agreed.  I have been doing some updates and what I do is upload the items from Merchant Outbox and then do something else for a bit so that everything is ready when I get started. Otherwise I get really annoyed at not seeing my products in there, because usually you upload something right when you are ready to change it... but you can't with the current delays.

LOL Hey, everytime I open Edit Associated, the list that shows up contains items that were removed from Unassociated Inventory Items several days ago. It STILL has a that list in its memory. I have to actually Search to find the product I just uploaded. And yes, sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes to show up.

ouch :(  I noticed the list was very long at one point and seemed to contain items that were already associated, but then at some point the list got smaller and I can manage it now. 

I assume you force deleted your magic boxes already and resynced?^^

Sera Lok wrote:

ouch
:(
  I noticed the list was very long at one point and seemed to contain items that were already associated, but then at some point the list got smaller and I can manage it now. 

I assume you force deleted your magic boxes already and resynced?^^ 

The items it shows still were in one Magic Box and had never been listed nor did they even have a listing created. (They were all Orphan items.)

Yup, I've updated a number of my items, both MB source and DD source .. and sync'd a ton of times. The "Ghost" itemsdon't show up in Unassociated any more and haven't for a few days. But they damn sure do still show up in the list it initially presents. LOL

Darrius Gothly wrote:

LOL Hey, everytime I open Edit Associated, the list that shows up contains items that were removed from Unassociated Inventory Items several days ago. It STILL has a that list in its memory. I have to actually Search to find the product I just uploaded. And yes, sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes to show up.

IIRC it's always been like that - old deleted things showing in the Assoc Item list and "best selling" etc

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Yes, mine too.  When I first saw them I thought; "Well now what are THOSE doing there?" and then I was like; "Ugh.  I don't have time to mess with those right now."  And so I ignore them.  As far as having to wait and wait some more, I pull up my yahtzee window and play a game.  LOL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.