ok now im really confused?

emmettcullen93

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok ive been reading and posting in threads learned a bit about dd and all that but now im lost

1. how do i change my store name on the mp i know it is doable i did it before

2. do i need a store banner or anything like that? im not sure what to do there

3. so i put my first item in my "merchants outbox" but didnt have my lindon bear rezzed is there a way i am doing this wrong because my item didnt show in the store.

1. Go to the Merchant Home page and select Edit store information under the Store setup category.

2. It depends. Do you want a banner to show up on each of your product pages and on your store? If so then yes, you'll need to make and upload one. Again that's in Edit store information.

3. You only need to "purchase" the bear so your Received Items folder gets created. Any purchase from the Marketplace that is delivered by Direct Delivery will do; there's nothing special about the bear. When you uploaded the item through your Merchant Outbox, was it for a new, never before listed product, or were you replacing the deliverable for an existing product?

Darrius Gothly wrote:

When you uploaded the item through your Merchant Outbox, was it for a new, never before listed product, or were you replacing the deliverable for an existing product?

it was a recently created gesture made 5 minites before i uploaded it. but it never showed up in my store inventory. idk if i had to restart the mp or not.

So it was a brand new product that you had never listed on MP before, right?

When you uploaded it, it should have appeared in your Unassociated Inventory Items list (the top list on the Manage Listings page). If you uploaded it correctly and you got the message stating that "all folders uploaded successfully" then it should be listed there. You may have to refresh the Manage Listings page to see it though; it won't automatically refresh just because you uploaded something.

emmettcullen93 wrote:

phoniex viewer 1.6.0.1600

Well .. there's your problem. Phoenix doesn't have a functional Merchant Outbox. You need to use a Viewer that does .. like Firestorm 4.0.1.27000. (Firestorm is from the Phoenix people .. and it has a skin that looks a lot like Phoenix so you won't have to get brain bent trying to figure out the new UI.)

Pudenta Magic wrote:

It's unlikely that Phoenix or other V1-based viewers are going to fix this ... think of it as one of the first "breakages" of V1 viewers.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  I use Phoenix 1.5.2.1185 and absolutely love it.  I cannot upgrade to any of the viewers that work with the DD outbox function due to my PC not having SSE2 capability.  I decided to upgrade to 1.6.1 and as the install program began to download I briefly saw the "SSE2" show up in part of the description.  Sooooo, apparently I now cannot even run the Phoenix latest update, never mind Firestorm.

On a related topic, I watched the hour and a half interview of Oz Linden who is the LL TPV person (forget his official title) and Jessica Lyon of Phoenix. (http://treet.tv/shows/specials/episodes/firestorm-07mar12)  The topic was the recent LL policies re: TPVs.  Jessica asked for clarification of some major points based on questions from Phoenix developers and users.  The interview is well worth watching albeit a bit tedious at times.

A question Jessica asked that had my ears perking up was - what about users of 1.xx versions of TPV viewers who cannot upgrade to newer versions.  Her exact words that followed were, "Are accounts at risk?" which I took to mean users who, if they couldn't use newer viewers would soon not be able to access SL at all.  Oz Linden's response was an emphatic "No" which does give me hope that the v1 viewers will still be operational for the time being.  As a sidenote, Jessica also asked about privacy features such as the "true online status" and tags of what viewers people are using being visible in SL that were part of the Phoenix viewer.  LL had announced they would be broken.  One of them, and pretty sure it's the tags, Oz said that it has been put on the back burner (paraphrased; words to that effect) and was not being addressed immediately.  From my years of watching various LL announcements - it seems there is a pattern of policy changes and it's a toss up as to which ones are actually implemented and which ones fade away.  Case in point: items on the MP that were 0L were going to be charged some fee or deleted altogether, I forget exactly now, but some policy after LL purchased SLX which resulted in the last migration and, in part, began the exodus of many merchants to other virtual worlds.

I will say I was very pleased with Oz Linden's response re: v 1.xx viewers.  If I cannot sell on the MP until I get a new PC, at least I can still run my in-world store and participate in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.