JIRA for Options Menu in Unassociated Inventory Items list opens below window

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Options Menu in Unassociated Inventory Items list opens below window

When the options menu to the right-hand side of the last listing in the Unassociated Inventory Items section is clicked, the menu opens below the window that holds the list. This makes it appear that the menu did not open; the only clue is that the thumb scroller suddenly moves up some.

Most "Context Menu" or "Option Menu" widgets provide an option that causes them to open in the most intelligent manner. This means that it opens downward normally unless there is no room to open, in which case it opens upward. Please change this option on the widget you are using for the Options Menu on the Unassociated Inventory Items list ... or smarten up your Option Menu code to open correctly when the item selected is too near the bottom of the window.

Please Watch and Vote for the JIRA

As clumsy as it is, it actually can be made to function.

I'm not going to ask them to fix it.

Partly because I think they should better focus on bigger problems (like who they need to fire).

Partly because I'm worried that, in the process of fixing it, they'll break at least 2 other things even worse.

TY Couldbe. I'm surprised it does that actually. Every widget I've used in the last .. ohhh .. 5 years has had an option that was default set on and caused the menu to open always within its window boundaries. I wonder which one they chose to use?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.