Deploys for the week of 2012-03-19

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Because of the InventoryAPI issues discovered we will not be promoting any code to the main server this week.

Second Life Server (main channel)
There is no promotion to main channel this week. This will be the same code as before.

Second Life RC BlueSteel
This will be updated with the updated threaded region crossing code.

Second Life RC LeTigre
This will get the same threaded region crossing code as is on BlueSteel

Second Life RC Magnum
This will get the same threaded region crossing code as is on BlueSteel

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.
I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. (https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here:https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

Saturday night getting script errors on several main channel sims (including linden sandbox) A rezzer script that has worked flawlessly on over 60 products for nearly two years. Items will rez, however get this error multiple times :  

(Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId)

Blaze Nielsen wrote:

Saturday night getting script errors on several main channel sims (including linden sandbox) A rezzer script that has worked flawlessly on over 60 products for nearly two years. Items will rez, however get this error multiple times :  

(Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId)

This is a viewer error. You have Google translate enabled, probably in an older viewer, but Google turned off their free chat translation service so you get that error instead. Newer viewers let you enter an account ID if you paid for translation, but it is easiest to switch it off.

The same message can come from old translation HUDs, those broke too.

Hi,
Since the rolling restarts regular sounds require being played twice to hear as if they were not preloaded. Looped sounds require 10 to 20 seconds to start playing. Gestures require the same amount of time to start playing including text. The problem coincides with the release of the new viewers though I noticed this issue before I upgraded my viewer. My question is this a server issue or a viewer issue?

MB Robonaught wrote:

Hi,

Since the rolling restarts regular sounds require being played twice to hear as if they were not preloaded. Looped sounds require 10 to 20 seconds to start playing. Gestures require the same amount of time to start playing including text. The problem coincides with the release of the new viewers though I noticed this issue before I upgraded my viewer. My question is this a server issue or a viewer issue?

Does the issue exist on servers that are running the main channel code?

__Oskar

Hi Oskar,

Yes I run into the identical issue on the main. Also I noticed that I can play sounds locally they play right off. If I then after play locally play the sound in world then it will play right away. This sounds like a preloader or pointer issue in the inventory?

MB Robonaught wrote:

Hi Oskar,

Yes I run into the identical issue on the main. Also I noticed that I can play sounds locally they play right off. If I then after play locally play the sound in world then it will play right away. This sounds like a preloader or pointer issue in the inventory?

Do all viewers exhibit this issues?

__Oskar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.