Jaw Animation

Zerxes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Zerxes wrote:

Nope, I looked. Anyone know what 
specifically
 turns it off? It's really irritating. :c

Hi, if you mean the nodding motion when chat is sent, there is no standard way to turn it off. It is built in on the viewer, and there are others for whisper and shout. You can use animations in an AO to hold the head still, but an immobile head can look even more strange.

No, I mean when I'm typing my jaw moves. As if my avatar was talking. And I don't know how to turn that off. I have typekiller on, so I don't do the keyboard thing. But for some reason my jaw keeps moving.

OK, then it it is a muzzle talk script in there, regular AOs won't do that to a prim avatar anyway. I don't have that particular avatar, so I don't have a good guess on how to turn it off. In this case it might be best to hunt down the avatar's maker, or an inword support group for their stuff.

Good point, Cerise. I thought it was a little odd when I first read the question; my avi's mouth only moves when I'm speaking on voice, and I can turn that off fairly easily.

As Cerise said, it's probably a script in the prim head of your avi. If the head is modifiable, you should be able to find and remove the script. If not, you'll have to message the creator.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

are you on a third party viewer or the official v3 viewer?

i remember seeing something i believe in one of the tpv's for typing and lip movement..i want to say firestorm maybe but it could be another..

That is a standard LL viewer option, it is only for voice and does not affect prim heads.

I'm using the newest version Pheonix Viewer.

I asked the creator of the skin, and she doesn't know. So. 

I'll see what I can find in the scripts. If anyone has experience on what the script would possibly look like, that'd be helpful. I've never messed with scripts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fixed it. I went into the scripts for the lower jaw but I couldn't edit them since they were set to no copy. They were pretty standard.. lip, tongue, glow, color, something called luls.. And then files named 1-4. I deleted them and it seems to be working now. My jaw isn't moving anymore. Thanks so much guis ^^!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.