WHAT is wrong with search?

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I tried viewer 2 again, on an old computer. It runs, but barely.

The issue I have in the viewer itself is Search. It doesn't work. 

I don't mean it doesn't call up the results I expected. 

It doesn't do ANYthing.

Why not? I tried Places, People...multiple times. Nothing happens. Just the same stupid pages of featured ads. No people, no places, nothing.

How do they expect us to use their new viewer when we can't search anything in it? Search is vital for me in my day to day Second Life.

I am having the same issue since this morning. Yesterday afternoon it was working just fine,but today the search just does not want to work.

I typed in the word "beach" in the search tool in Second Life and I know it should come up with a bunch of hits.However what it came back with was..."Whoops..your places search for "beach" did not return any matches"

I tried searching under everything and the other categories with the same results. I have since tried a restart of my computer to see if it was a connection issue on my end,I reinstalled the second life viewer(using the latest version) and still the search function is not working as it should.

No matter what I type in the search tool I get the above "Whoops" message.

I stopped using search months ago, I liked viewer one and knew how to use it, but viewer 2 search is useless, it seems to only show the top boys in everything and the small firms are dumped, so I don't use it anymore, and cos of that I no longer shop or goto clubs, but it has saved me loads of money as I don't buy anything any more or give tips, and now I am in the habit of never spending a penny here, I only log to finish the project I am making, then when tired log off, but as for the old social life I had here, well that's well and truly dead and will stay that way.

Maybe the Lab is aware of the issue and is working on a fix?

I haven't been inworld during daylight hours today but very early this morning (about 2AM Eastern time, 11PM SL time) I went to use the v3 search and I suddenly got a yellow screen with the words CONNECTION BROKEN on it. Maybe they yanked it to fix it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.