How have you changed in the past year?

Harlow Heslop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life is an ever evolving community filled with the opportunity to change our avatars from day to day to whatever we want to be.  For you personally, how much have your changed in the last year?

Find a pic that you took roughly a year ago and find one of your most recent and share with us the changes you have made in a single year.  

oldnew.png

I feel like my avatar has not only grown with technology but gathered a lot of sophistication and style over the past year.  Being a fashion blogger i've had the opportunity to really learn about new fashion trends, keep up to date on what's happening in world in the fashion industry, and my shopping habits have DEFINITELY worsened! :) Overall, I think i've just started putting more detail and customization into making my avatar who I want to be. 

Share your pics and tell us a little about how you've changed in this past year :) 

• Like 1

daejussy1_001_edited.jpgJussyBubbles.v1.png

I believe I've grown a lot in the past year, not just as an SL photographer, artist and business woman, but as a person. My private SLife has changed dramatically from settling for second best to finally expecting what I deserve and getting it. I try surround myself in creative people instead of those who are all wrapped up in their own drama.

Even though 2012 has had a rocky start, I think it's going to be a very prosperous and interesting year.

Lynn early 2011.jpgNevermoor_Gypsy_Sunset_v4a.jpg

I returned last spring after a one to two year absence, and really re-evaluated what I wanted and how I wanted to look.  In my previous incarnation, I had the red hair and pale skin but on my return I knew I wanted to part time have a gypsy persona.  I went for a darker skin, tweaked my shape quite a bit and changed hair color.    Although not always a gypsy now, I still love to find high quality clothes that fit who I want to be, much more than I did a year ago.

Here's the image I put up a few weeks back during the linden run contest on this topic:

NewYearNewMe.jpg

Newer me on the right.

But here is me late last night:

Relax_001.jpg

And here is one I uploaded to the forum about a year ago:

Pussycatovertime.jpg

Which just happens to also show older versions of me. :)

My avatar is evolving with me as well over time - and of course, with the changes in the grid and what it has available for non-white avatars, not to mention general sophistication in fashions.

More telling probably would have been a list of what groups I was in at the time each of those screenshots was taken - but I don't have that list. :)

Another change is a shift from eyeballing my anatomy for proportions, to in mid-2011 developing my proportions guide and fixing my avatar to have correct anatomical proportions. The top right and middle images are proportional - the others were my original eyeballed shape. Prim height went from about 5'9" to 5'5" also.

About the only change in my appearance this last year has been experimenting with a "realistic height" shape for a few of my avatars - a shorter and slightly different proportioned version of them (mostly leg length and arm length adjustmenst for the height change), where the new height matches their prim height, and not the overly-tall height reported by most avatar rulers and viewers, which is based on eye height.

The jury is still out on keeping that shorter form. It doesn't work as well with any furniture that I own, and it looks too small compared to typical avatars. But I haven't been social enough this past year to give it a very good test of how well it really works. At this point, it remains just an experiment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.