Trying to get back into SL but having a hard time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have been in SL since 08. I had a blast, had a sim, got married, was Queen, slave you name it I did it. Then my long time partner pulled a fast one on me causing me to leave for a while, that was in early 2011. I have been trying to come back for a while now but I am so discouraged. Are there no people who just like to chat, dance, shop and explore together? Why must everyone want to jump to the sex bed in the first day you meet? Am I the only one that feels this way. I am not apposed to sex in the least, it can beautiful cyber lovin with the right person but for me SL is not about the sex. I love to socialize, learn to build things, dance and explore. I love to RP too but that's for another post, besides I haven't RP for a long time. I am having a hell of a time, makes me want to delete the damn program from my puter. 

Perhaps you can go to some of the royalty clubs to meet other kings and queens. There are a lot of royalty, chivalry, medieval knights places you can go to meet others with similar interests. Since you have been a queen, I can tell you are female. Try talking to more girls, as they won't be interested in sex with you and they will more likely be able to become real friends instead of guys who may or may not be interseted in just having sex. 

i wonder, does anybody know of groups that focus on exploring or touristing or something like that? i would join one like that for sure. i know there are tons of groups for shopping. you might want to search the group listing to see if there is one for shopping that looks interesting. 

if you join groups that focus on your interests, you might meet lots and lots of people that you can hang out with :)

I like to create objects in SL. I could probably do that forever. I'm guilty of preferring to continue building, rather than going dancing.

Building objects of your interest, is an excellent way to spark new interest in SL. Most of the Residents in a sandbox, are serious about what they do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.