TV Frustrations

Jolene Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a TV in the same condo I live in now.  I was able to get old movies and and all kinds of crazy stuff - not just the SL animated programing.  Not that I don't like Pookie and her friends - their great!  I just would like some more "real" TV options.

I've worked with the settings and URLs and all that.  Now I'm thinking, maybe it's the TV itself.  It certainly is not user friendly!

Any nice TV repair men (or women) out there?

actually now if you are on a viewer that can use shared media you don't even need to use that tv anymore..

you can just drop a prim..and activate the media to it and you can surf the net if you want from inside sl now..so in actuality you could just type in the url  in the address bar of the prim and go to any station or website you wanted..even you tube or what ever..

they also sell media share type tv's now..

i'm not sure if the older ones work anymore..a lot of people have been having problems with them..

the media sharing tv's ..if you rent ..you don't need land permission for urls or anything..just build i believe..

i have an old stream tv..i may check it out and see if it works for me later today..

anyways..just thought i would mention another way that may be easier for you..

you could even set the prim right up in front of the old screen on your old tv and have it as a display like a tv..oh also..media sharing.it allows you and your friends to watch something at the same time in sl..where the old streaming tv's..they had to be started by each user..

The benefit of the old stream TVs is not having the web browser still there, and able to stream just a pure stream.

But at present a lot of them are broken. I'm still in group for one, the same as noted above, and its a regular occurance to see people posting up looking for help on it.

But I've switched to a web-prim model, using cull.tv as my stream.

Most of the Tvs, if not all, relied on America Free TV to work. America Free TV was a mysterious stream that ran different types of movies and cartoons 24 hours a day. 

I used to use it for my cinema. Unfortunately, one day it disappeared. No one seems to know why.  It is still gone.

There isn't anything wrong with your TV, and it won't matter which one you use. The TV itself just is a prim with a script inside. You could use a textured prim if there were a working stream somewhere out there.

Unfortunately there isn't, any more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.