40 'DELIVERY FAILED NOTES' FOR 18th FEB - A NEW RECORD LOW! - WELL DONE CT

Lasher Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's right your eyes don't deceive you.  According to my 'Orders' page More than 50% of my sales were not honoured. That means 40 customers paid for one of my items and didn't get it. What they did get was a refund and what I didn't get was a sale. Neither did LL but then they did very graciously give us a moratorium on commission for the weeekend. The current situation is nothing short of a 'farce' (polite word for more choice phrases).

Check your orders page folks I suspect I'm not the only poor sucker that has been stuffed this weekend. Now I'm off to post the running total on twitter as promised.

PLease CT - KEEP the commision and give me my sales back - and then we will all be  far better off!

^L^

Great that you never have any delivery problems Ryota - wish I was on that same cloud as well :-)

The Problem is not the standard delivery failure - where the customer pays and then doesn't get their goods and then has to get in touch  to ask for a redelivery. That happens fairly frequently  for a variety of reasons often not LLs fault e.g. the customer  accidently dismisses the 'accept' button, which happens a lot more than they care to admit.

It's also why I have my items  spread through 10 boxes and then those same boxes duplicated in  different regions.

This is an issue that has only started seriously cropping up since the St Valentines Day Massacre.

They are outright  'Delivery Failed' Notes on my  order page. This means that the customer tried to pay - possibly did but then the marketplace for whatever biorked reason couldn't deliver and then gave the customer a refund. Meaning no goods for the customer no commission  for the lab and bad karma me as the customer thinks I have got a borked set-up.

One or two a week I can live with, to be expected with lag and outages etc. However for the past week I've had around 20 a day recorded as 'failed' and  now the record has been bust with a whopping 40 which represented more than 50% of yestrdays orders.

Something bad is happening with the Marketplace setup and they are not letting on what it is.

Thx Zanar - I haven't done anything with my boxes or moved or added things for a while. I'm a great believer in not tinkering with a working machine. I started having some troubles early December when they did that disasterous update. At that point my boxes just wouldn't show up until the region restrat dance had been done. Not easy when you are on mainland. Off course the last time I referred to that issue the thread was deleted - I reckon I must have touched a raw nerve with someone.

The problems I am experiencing now has  hit me since the Valentine's day troubles and seems to be increasing exponentially.

It's a pain in the proverbial because Life second or otherwise has many more  important things that require our attention and time.

^L^

Lifes too short to play the Einsten and jump through all those kind of hoops. Making sure that product is delivered is SLs job provided we have set up the tools as recommended which I certainly have. It's not our place to have to drag scripts out re rez and mess around while waiting for pages to load and regions to restart and commerce teams to get their fingers out.

The system is broken - period. It might not  be hurting some who seem to have  time to dance to LLs merry tune and who don't mind endless tinkering - but sadly that is not my cup of tea - dinner to make kids to feed roofs to fix.

^L^

Lol it's nothing to do with rerezzing or touching scripts or anything. Pulling scripts out is only if you need up update your box version, and of course you're already using 3.0.11 so that wouldn't be necessary. :)

The method I described is just to unlist the boxes on the xstreet page then click each box inworld and do "reset" in menu (or select the lot and "reset scripts in selection" from tools menu). Pretty standard advice that's been posted here lots of times before. 

Been there done it got the T shirt - a while back - and I might add it's still not our role to try  suss out how to fix a mess that is of the CTs making. We pay over priced tier  and commission  so that LLs engineers can run a smooth efficient machine. Why the heck should we be expected to jump through hoops and play the 'detective geek' 

They had a system that worked - the rather oddly named Xstreet (but that's another story) then they dumped it  for some cheap floozy called Ruby of the rails or Ruby on dope or something like that and ever since they have been chasing their owns tails trying to patch the leaks.

Personally I feel it's about time LL threw in the towel and admitted that they are not cut out to run a commerce site. I'm sure there would be plenty of outside third parties who could pick up the baton and show them how to do it properly.

^L^

You might read everything that I had to say about this in August and early September.

Not to try to diminish the value of your frustrations, but I serioudly doubt there's anything new that anyone is going to have to say about it.

Your instructions, now, as then:

Forget about it. DD will no doubt totally solve the problem and is right around the corner. 

LOL  - I think I'll give that particular thread a by-pass I remember it well. Meanwhile this morning there has been another mess they have got me into. My Whole store has dissapeared from the Marketplace - just like what happened to Mickey a few weeks back . Non of my items  can be found in search and the shop front has gone completely except for the banner . I guess that solves the 'Delivery Failed' problem for a while!

^L^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.