What's Up With Female Skins and Shapes

Morgaine Christensen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm guessing that perhaps there was once a moderately-styled look that was used amongst a small group of bloggy/fashionista /creator friends who wanted a recognisable look for their group of co-dependant ventures. It was seen by others who wished entry to what they perceived as a trendy group. These others began to mimic, and to make their mark each gradually exaggerated the style, to be seen as perhaps a little more trendy. And so perhaps the original style slowly became more and more a cartoon of itself.

It certainly looks all weirdie to me. I like a happy looking face, and thighs you can't drive a bus between.

95% of women in SL have tanned skin. I found that very weird. Aren't most people in SL the American/European crowd? Don't white people have like, you know, paler skins? I can count with my fingers how many of my friends or people I see that are Caucasian wear paler skins, pretty much nonexistent. I'm Asian myself, so I don't get what's with this "the darker the tanner it is the more sexy". It's like everyone I see is overburnt at the beach.

Anyways my opinion only, so don't take as an offence:

Tween/Huge lips+tiny slit eyes+heavy makeup = weird looking

Tan skin+oil+heavy makeup+large assets/"sexy" = even uglier

I'd rather see more tweens than more of those godawful huge boobed (at least get the damn sculpted boobs, default SL boobs look fugly over size 70) huge assed oiled heavy makeuped people.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Anaiya Arnold wrote:

Ah, the infamous fish-faced, wide-load, people.

You just got to giggle. 

Coined.

I cut out midget because I'm seeing them on the same old giant avatars even more than on small ones - it seems to be a face and bubble butt thing mostly - not related to scale choice.

I've mostly seen it with exceptionally short avies. 

I came across someone calling them invisible-pony riders the other day which both reminded me of this thread and tickled my fancy.

I tried the trend with the pouty upsidedown smile..nope I'm good! lol Some people can rock it, but most are being copy cats. In the same breath though I will mention that all fashion starts somewhere, and you may not like their look, but they also might be thinking the same about yours. I just rock my style and don't follow the trends..takes me awhile to find new stores though :(

Suki Hirano wrote:

95% of women in SL have tanned skin. I found that very weird. Aren't most people in SL the American/European crowd? Don't white people have like, you know, paler skins?

When I came to second life almost five years ago the predominant skin was pale. Pale, pale everywhere. I found it pretty odd and boring in fact. I wanted to be different from the masses. So I started to wear tanned skin. I still do even now. When I try to wear light skin now my avatar feels very alien to me. So I'll stick to the tanned skin. I love it. Well, even in RL I often get very tanned during summer. Brown is beautiful. Just my personal preference. :heart:

My shape I have modified gradually myself over time (everybody should do, to get individual looks). Making it to look like a real woman looks with good proportions and not like a giant. I'm very happy with the skin/shape combination. Not perfect yet however, there are always details to improve even more. Anyway, perfection is impossible to attain with the present horrible avatar mesh. One could do only so much with it. Living in hope for better mesh.. when, when?

• 1 year later...

When I first started, I think the fad was wings...buttlerfly wings...demon wings...angel  wings....fae wings...wings....wings...wings were every where.  Was even best wings contests.   Everything was wings and everyone wore them.

Thanks for posting this pic...had not seen these types AVs yet but I don't get out much.  Sad, so very very sad...is right up there with those big hipped lopsided pear shaped AVs with the frowny faces and teeth...or the poop filled droopy pants. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.