logging trouble

underworld22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is this the problem?

[postED 10:03AM 28 January 2012] We are aware that some residents are experiencing log in issues caused by a stuck presence from their previous log out from Second Life. This problem can usually be cleared by logging into a different region by following these steps:

1. Open Second Life Preferences to the General tab and check the box ‘Show at Log in’ for the start location options to appear on the log in screen.
2. Using the drop down menu to the right of the Log In button on the Log in Screen, change the drop down to ‘Type region name’ and type in another region such as the region [Lime]
3. Click Log In.

If this does not allow you to log in please submit a Support case using Technical Questions > Second Life Viewer Login Issues for assistance. The cause of this issue is currently under investigation.

Carl Thibodeaux wrote:

Is this the problem?

[postED 10:03AM 28 January 2012] We are aware that some residents are experiencing log in issues caused by a stuck presence from their previous log out from Second Life. This problem can usually be cleared by logging into a different region by following these steps:

1. Open Second Life Preferences to the General tab and check the box ‘Show at Log in’ for the start location options to appear on the log in screen.

2. Using the drop down menu to the right of the Log In button on the Log in Screen, change the drop down to ‘Type region name’ and type in another region such as the region [Lime]

3. Click Log In.

If this does not allow you to log in please submit a Support case using Technical Questions > Second Life Viewer Login Issues for assistance. The cause of this issue is currently under investigation.

That issue should have been resolved, according to this announcement by Maestro Linden

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion/quot-Ghosted-quot-Stuck-Avatars-the-return-of-the-message-quot/m-p/1362897#M3732

I see you have followed my advice, but I feel as though I did not lead you along far enough it seems

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/SL-login-trouble/m-p/1363543#M48792

From the Contact Support link, either submit a ticket or contact live chat if you are premium and when their office hours are open.

I can understand your frustration, submit a follow up comment to pass the time, a day or two is the usual turn around time. Spend some time reading up on Second Life, so that when you do get in you will have a better idea on how to do things. I have been here a year and a half, and I still have a lot to learn.

Also, in the meantime, you could make another account and explore Second Life with her.

underworld22 wrote:

can't log into SL think it may be a corrupt group tag and ask them to inactivate it.

The problem with corrupted characters in your group tag (with a 2-byte character being sliced in half, resulting in a corrupt character) has nothing to do with the problem with ghosting avatars which affects many residents all these days. Usually this problem returns the error message "Unable to connect to simulator". If so, you can check the answers on this thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.