Multiple sellers vendors?! Are they available?

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok here is the idea.

I have a vendor, in it I sell stuff from several people.

Every time something is sold a small percentage goes to me and the rest goes to the person whos item was sold.

Is there something like this out there?

So if Mr X and Miss Z both have items in my vendor and an item is sold for miss Z, she gets her money, I get a percentage, mr X gets nothing.

I do have Hippo vendors but I can't figure out if this is possible there.

Metalife used to have a system like that (I don't think they're around anymore, but if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will say). One of the issues was it got complicated if an item didn't arrive, as every seller has their own way of handling it. I tried it for a bit, but decided single creator affiliates were easier to handle.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Yes, you can do this with Caspervend.  With each item there is a "Profit Sharing" section on its web page.  You selet the person there and the percent of the profit you wish them to receive on each sale.

Profit sharing is not the same as selling items from multiple merchants. Profit sharing requires one person to have copy+trans versions of everyone's items.

Hintswen Guardian wrote:

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Yes, you can do this with Caspervend.  With each item there is a "Profit Sharing" section on its web page.  You selet the person there and the percent of the profit you wish them to receive on each sale.

Profit sharing is not the same as selling items from multiple merchants. Profit sharing requires one person to have copy+trans versions of everyone's items.

No no no...That's just the name it's called on the vendor website.  For every single item listed in your vendor, you can put in a person's name that you want to give a percentage of the profit to.  In other words, you can have 3 different makers items in one of these vendors and you can indicate on each individual listing who you want to get how much.  That was the question asked...whether this was possible.  I am saying that it IS possible, and furthermore, here is the vendor which you need to go purchase to have it possible. 

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

There's a difference between multiple sellers and paying commission to various people. Just stop and think through the perms requirements...

Yes, the items would have to be copy/trans.  But I don't think that was part of the question was it?  Just is there a way to give a percentage to different people in the same vendor.  That part is certainly possible.

I took "multiple sellers" to mean each "seller" still owns their objects. Otherwise there's just one "seller" who's paying commission to various other parties (since once you own the object, that makes you the seller, regardless of its origin).

But I guess we won't really know unless the OP replies :)

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

I took "multiple sellers" to mean each "seller" still owns their objects. Otherwise there's just one "seller" who's paying commission to various other parties (since once you own the object, that makes you the seller, regardless of its origin).

But I guess we won't really know unless the OP replies
:)

Ah, OK...I see what you mean.  Hmmm...maybe that's what she meant.  Well, I guess we wait now to see if she replies so we know which way to go with this one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.