Issue with loading textures on avatars

Hikaru Yamamoto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm quite baffled here... Everything is fine until I face certain people's avatars. Normally my fps is around 15 but as soon as someone enters my viewing area it jumps down to a snail crawl at 1fps... but it doesn't do thins all the time. Sometimes it shows their avatar just fine with no lag. Also sometimes it will be fine for a while then it will just suddenly hit me. If they get naked the lag goes away. Scripts don't seem to make any difference. I'm pretty sure its the textures. But it loads my house just fine. Most avatars don't seem to cause a problem, just certain ones but others don't seem to have the same issue. Btw I am running SL on Exodus.

I don't use Exodus very frequently, so I'm sorry I can't help you directly, but my impression is that questions in their support forum are answered quite rapidly http://exodusviewer.com/forums.html (and you may find someone has already asked your question and been answered).

Their devs also keep an eye on the Exodus thread at SLU, so that might be a place to ask if you can't get help here.

Ansariel Hiller wrote:

Ask them to only detach flexible prims with alpha textures like hair. Those are still an issue with performance drops in some cases.

I am one of those cases and have a JIRA regarding it.  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2886

I keep hearing people who are having the same problem and really wish they'd 'watch' this JIRA so LL could get a better grasp of the extent of the problem.  Why they aren't watching it or are reluctant to I don't understand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.