Since 2 days i cannot login straight away

Bud Newman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

Since 2 days i have a strange thing with login:

the system is logging you out right now.
your account will not be available until
2012-01-27  10.38.46  pacific time

Now if i keep pressing login-button and choose help island as start location, i eventually will login.... but this is not normal ofcourse.   (yes it is sort of normal when you have crashed ... i know that ... but this now happens after being offline for a night)

What can i do? any of you know  what can be wrong?

Only thing i can think of  is  i have been playing with some funny avatars and unpacked lots of boxes with animations and AO's  so  maybe something wrong with them?

Now just did a test with  a naked normal avatar (the shape and skin i use always) and i get the same message:

the system is logging you out right now.
your account will not be available until
2012-01-27  10.38.46  pacific time

Hope someone  can help me.

gr Bud

Somewhere inworld you've got a stuck presence.  Until either the sim it is on gets restarted, or something knocks it offline, every time you log out, you will have this same problem logging back in again. If you have any idea where your presence might be stuck, you can teleport across to the location once you've logged in, and this should clear it also. Until the next time it happens.

Please add your voice to this Second Life JIRA https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28209 - don't forget to click on "vote" and "watch" also, at the top of the JIRA's page - then hopefully the issue will be fixed asap.

My avatar is stuck in world and I cant log ..it has been going on for 3 days...live chat say "restart from another region" "Clean catch" "we are reseting the sim"...I tell them over and over that it doesnt work...still they keept telling me to do those things over and over...whats the point of paying if you cant even log in??? My land is in there and my objects, my linden...pffff

All the regions will be restarting Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully that will clear the problem. The Tuesday restart of regions in the main channel is going on right now (9:15 AM PT).

Several people are making it back in using the 15/1 approach I linked to in a previous post in this thread. There is some cycle in the system that vanishes a ghost for about 60 seconds every 15 minutes. The article tells how to hit the next available 1 minute window and get in.

I've seen people reporting and sending email about successfully using the 15/1 process to get back into SL.

As to the fix... I'm not sure the Lindens know what the cause is this time. The last thinking I heard was the new region crossing code was thought to have some problem. That could be true if the problem is only in the release channels. But, on this side of the servers I doubt there is anyway to know from what peole are reporting. Most do not know how to figure out whether they are in a release channel or not.

Wednesday 1 feb 2012, after filing a support ticket and asking for a kick of my ghosted avatar, i quickly had response from support and my ghosted avatar was kicked and yayy  .. all was fine again ;))

To be sure i first cleared my cache and made sure i logon to a lag free location "Lime".

Perfect service!!

Regards,

Bud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.