Failed Login....really need help!

Xidane Vyper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been playing SL over 2 years and have never experienced this before...I crashed and my viewer shut itself down the other day, now my avatar/account is still logged in or sumtin to that affect...when I try to log in, it tells me the system is logging me out and i have to wait 5 minutes...so I wait those 5 minutes, and then it just does it again and adds 5 minutes...ive restarted my computer, restated the internet, even didnt bother it for about 8 hours...and it is still doing it...what is wrong? what can i do? i try searching on the forums but both the knowledge base and/or forums have no help for me

im not a premium member...what can i do then? 

this started happening before the maintenance started occuring yesterday...i crashed at around 4 am this morning...and im 3 hours ahead of SL/LL Time...so it was happening a good like4 hours before the maintenance...

Ive tried making it go other places, it still dont work...and i have no idea what region im in, cuz i was at a friends home...

4 answers to this question

Hello Xidane and welcome to SL Forums. You are not the only one. If you have a look here in Q & A you will find so many for the same issue last 2 days. Here is a jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28209 You can vote there and add your comment. You can also submit a ticket ( https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ ) --> Account Issues --> Second Life Web Login Issues. Report the problem there and wait for a reply.

• Like 2

YEAH i just went through this... contacted linden labs ( you can only do this if your a premiunm ) ( my understanding ) Anyway after 4 hours in limbo the live chat person freed me  immediately!   apparently it is an issue with the inventory cleaning today???

hope it helps!

• Like 2

Once this was a common problem. Some recent server side changes seem to have brought it back.

I'm not sure which of the problems is blocking you. The quick fix is to try another region. In Preferences you can set the viewer to show the target region for a login. You can change the Preference setting before logging in. try Pooley or Furball.

When a viewer crashes it is possible to leave the server thinking the avatar is still there. If that happens it generates the error message you are seeing. Your attempted login should clear the problem. If something is wrong in the SIM running the region your avatar is in, then it hangs.

There are several fixes for a ghost avatar. Some get a bit tricky and some are easy. One easy one is to have a friend or one of your alt's send you L$1. That often clears the problem out of the backend servers. You can then login to an different region then travel to the problem region to admire your ghost.

Check out I Can’t Login for more things to try.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.