Sign in to follow this  
LishaJoya Haven

how to hide my online status from everyone? Even on the searches??

Question

Hello again, Lisha,

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but there is absolutely no way of hiding your online status to people.  Even though you can untick boxes in the friends list on the Phoenix viewer, so that people do not see your true online status, they can always find the information out by using online tracker devices, or even just by looking at the list of names in a group to see if you are online, or when you last logged in.

The only way to gain total privacy is to create an alt that you tell absolutely no one about, and enjoy some quiet time inworld as this alt.

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

Hello again, Lisha,

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but there is absolutely no way of hiding your online status to people.  Even though you can untick boxes in the friends list on the Phoenix viewer, so that people do not see your true online status, they can always find the information out by using online tracker devices, or even just by looking at the list of names in a group to see if you are online, or when you last logged in.

The only way to gain total privacy is to create an alt that you tell absolutely no one about, and enjoy some quiet time inworld as this alt.

• Like 3

Marigold's right.  I can write a simple script with a half dozen lines that can tell me whether you are on line.  That's the method that's used in all of the IM mailboxes you see in shops and help areas  ... the ones that say "Maria Gomez is ON LINE. Click here to ask a question."  You cannot hide your online status in SL.  All you can do is make it slightly difficult.

Hello LishaJoya. Marigold gave you the right answer (kudos for her). If you have some problem with a resident you can always mute/block him/her or also open resident's profile in https://my.secondlife.com/ --> settings (beside "Message") --> permissions --> disable "See my online status" --> Save.