Marketplace Listings wrt Land Impact

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ann Otoole wrote:

Some good ideas floating around here. Where is the feature request JIRA?

I guess you're telling me that Brooke isn't going to come along, see this thread, do a facepalm and just get LL to look after it ;)   Ok, I've dusted off my Atlassian t-shirt that says "Because I have Issues" (this is getting way too much like my RL job) and created a JIRA issue for this.

Please see Web-4417 to vote, watch & comment.

Thanks!

Porky Gorky wrote:

Does anyone know exactly how scripts increase LI? Does a large script cost more than a small script? Does the quality of the scripting have any bearing? Or is it just a set weight per script?

One script in a linkset negates the advantage of a convex hull linkset, just 1, if you have 2, 3,4 or 50, it doesn't go any higher.

If you've got scripted doors and windows you're better off unlinking them, and as you and others have said, use two land impact scores to take into account using something like rez-foo.

I took my mesh "kneeling woman" sculpture that rezzes at a LI=2 and kept adding script after script until I had 9 scripts in the mesh sculpture.  The LI satayed at 2.  One of the scripts is large - over 500 lines of code.  So the complexity of the script didnt change it nor did adding up to 9 scripts.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

I took my mesh "kneeling woman" sculpture that rezzes at a LI=2 and kept adding script after script until I had 9 scripts in the mesh sculpture.  The LI satayed at 2.  One of the scripts is large - over 500 lines of code.  So the complexity of the script didnt change it nor did adding up to 9 scripts.

That was my point Toy, it's having one script that makes a difference, it doesn't then matter if you have more or how complex the scripts are, the presence of one script and it doesn't matter how big or small it is, is what makes the difference.

Thanks Ciaran....

I wanted to test this theory on just one simple model.  and you are right.  But for my model even the 1st script did not change the LI.  You mentioned that the 1st script changed the LI but I think you were talking about the convex hulls.  So I am not sure what these are impacted by the 1st script but my mesh model was not.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

Thanks Ciaran....

I wanted to test this theory on just one simple model.  and you are right.  But for my model even the 1st script did not change the LI.  You mentioned that the 1st script changed the LI but I think you were talking about the convex hulls.  So I am not sure what these are impacted by the 1st script but my mesh model was not.

Ah yes it will depend upon the physics shape too and the calculations for that, good point you raise though that adding a script doesn't automatically raise the LI.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.